Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Axis II 6.5 Creedmoor budget long range build

Basic Member

I get you foxx and I know I can put the accutrigger I bought in my Axis and probably be alright. I had my Axis and Axis II apart sitting side by side and was looking to install the accutrigger I bought into the Axis. Granted I knew I’d probably need to grind the sides down a bit, no big deal. But the more I looked I noticed the trigger return spring on the accutrigger isn’t parallel with the pocket on the trigger housing of the Axis. The spring would be sitting at an angle. So I got to thinking, why don’t I just buy an aluminum trigger housing for an Axis II and be done with it? Seemed simple enough. No grinding, custom fitting or anything like that. The sear I bought to match the Hunter model accutrigger has no provision for the external spring found on the aluminum trigger housing on either my Axis or Axis II so it’s worthless to me at this point. I can make the accutrigger work. I was just going to try and buy the correct aluminum housing and do it correctly.

Basic Member
    I think you have the wrong sear, Chewy. Model 10/110 sears are quite diferent from Axis sears. All axis sears should have a tab for the sear spring. 10/110's do not.

Basic Member
    It’s definitely the wrong sear. That’s what I was saying earlier. I was wondering if anybody could compile a list or had a list of part numbers for the aluminum Axis II accutriggers. When I bought the accutrigger by the part number based off the other list I didn’t really care about the housing and wasn’t sure rather I needed to buy the searcas well or not. I wasn’t very well versed in the differences between the models. I was and still can grind it to fit. But seeing as how it was so simple to buy from Savage I wish I was able to buy the correct housing and all. I wouldn’t even know where to begin to look for part numbers. Every time I try to look them up on Savages site it shows it’s down.

Basic Member
    ^^^^THat other list was compiled a while back when Savage posted schematics and parts lists online for every rifle in current production. All anyone needed was a s/n from a rifle of that particular model. If we you did not have a s/n for a specific rifle (maybe you were just researching or wanting a part for a different rifle than what you have) all you had to do was post a request here and someone with that model would send you their s/n for reference. It was a great system, great customer service. Unfortunately, Savage has changed in that regard, and now it is very difficult to get this information, particularly if you are not an FFL holder.

Older schematics and part numbers can be found at Numrich. THey may have more recent models avail there as well.

Basic Member
    I’m finding that out. Even if you are an FFL holder it’s difficult. Let’s say theoretically I accidentally dropped my Axis II while I had it out of the stock and broke an ear off the trigger housing. Where would a person go to find that part? Does Savage now require you to send the rifle back? How would a gunsmith and FFL holder fix it? It’s crazy! If they’re that worried about people buying Axis and making them an Axis II then they should not make it cost effective or either don’t sell the plain Axis.

Basic Member
    Savage will sell the parts necessary to repair the Axis II to an FFL (as in your example). He would have to call customer service and provide the s/n... they would then look up the part numbers and sell them to the FFL.

However, their LEGAL department dictates they not sell certain parts to non-FFL's due to perceived liability-exposure risks. I personally disagree with their policy and reasoning. But that's their policy. A persona can always ask an FFL to order parts for them and then buy whatever is needed from the dealer. The auto industry tends to have similar policies and business models. Why they no longer provide the information (schematics) is beyond me.

Basic Member
    And there lies the frustrating part. No schematic i.e. no part number. Thanks foxx. Good conversation. I enjoyed it.

I'm happy to report that my AT-One stock fits my Axis 2 very well.

Last edited by John Knoper; 03-12-2018 at 10:13 PM. Reason: add pic

Great looking gun. I was talking to Savage about my Walmart HB Axis. I asked her about a magizine which costs $56. In the conversation she told me that Boyds and another company makes stocks for Savage. So Boyds are full of it. The customer service at Boyds is the worst! Dont waste your time trying to call them and if you email you may get a reply and may not.

Basic Member
    That is the nicest at-one I have seen. Nice choice on color.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12