Thread: 10FCP-SR Magazine

10FCP-SR Magazine

I am wondering if any other Savage magazines will fit the Model 10FCP-SR. I would like a smaller capacity magazine.
    Thank you.
    Jim

Basic Member
    I think you could just take an Axis mag, cut off the plastic retaining tab, and slap it right in. The 10<x> DBM mags look to be the same upper with the custom lower to hold more rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by celltech View Post
    I think you could just take an Axis mag, cut off the plastic retaining tab, and slap it right in. The 10<x> DBM mags look to be the same upper with the custom lower to hold more rounds.
    No...

Depending on what version of the 10FCP-SR he has, he will either need a 5rd AICS magazine or a standard (not Axis) Savage 3 or 4 round DBM. Just "cutting off the plastic retaining tab" does not make an Axis mag into a standard DBM as the plastic lip around the bottom won't fit up into the opening in the bottom metal as it's thicker than the metal lip.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    I have a 12FV that I converted to DBM using 10 series bottom metal. It uses the double stack, centerfeed 10 rd mags that appear to be nothing than standard Savage uppers with a longer plastic casing to hold the extra rounds. My Axis mags have the exact same dimensions other than the retaining tab. I also have 2 Darkeagle 10 rd mags that I bought for my .243/.308 Axis rifles. They have a removable tab and fit the DBM perfectly once it's gone.

So for mine at least, it will work....

Basic Member
    The mag from the savage 10t should work. That is if yours is the newer one that takes the savage mags. I would call savage support they should be able to tell you which ones will work and get you a part number.

Quote Originally Posted by celltech View Post
    I have a 12FV that I converted to DBM using 10 series bottom metal. It uses the double stack, centerfeed 10 rd mags that appear to be nothing than standard Savage uppers with a longer plastic casing to hold the extra rounds. My Axis mags have the exact same dimensions other than the retaining tab. I also have 2 Darkeagle 10 rd mags that I bought for my .243/.308 Axis rifles. They have a removable tab and fit the DBM perfectly once it's gone.

So for mine at least, it will work....
    Noice....Any pixs???
    Perpetual Optimism is a force Multiplier....