Thread: Stock help for 6.5 ba stealth

Basic Member

Stock help for 6.5 ba stealth

Sometimes I just don't think things thru. I have a bid in on Gun Broker for a 6.5 creed ba stealth barreled action. Kind of hoping I get outbid since I cant seem to find everything I need to stock this baby. I have never had a chasis rifle and was leaning that way, but a nice McMillan or even a Bell & Carlson would also work for me. I promise I have done some homework searching but haven't really found anything with the "whole picture". Will anyone point me where to look? Thanks in advance!!
    Kevin

Basic Member
    Pretty slow here I guess for today.

Well what exactly are you wanting? You have a whole spiel there but don't really ask a question. Are you just wanting to know what your stock options are or something else?
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    Well what exactly are you wanting? You have a whole spiel there but don't really ask a question. Are you just wanting to know what your stock options are or something else?
    Thanks for your response and I agree I did not phrase things well. I would prefer a chasis type stock of nice quality. Would like to get into it complete (minus mags) for approx. $700 if possible. Don't want to skimp however if $700 is not enough to get it done right. If it is going to take $1000 or more to set up in a chasis, I will probably go "normal Stock. I think to go normal stock I will additionally need bottom metal correct? anything else besides metal?

Basic Member
    You can get the same chassis as the BA stealth from MDT. 2 bolts and your action drops in. Takes AICS magazine. Just add hand grip and butt stock. Your choice of optics and there you go. The MDT-LSS chassis goes for about $400...you can find one used for about $200ish.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestardiver View Post
    You can get the same chassis as the BA stealth from MDT. 2 bolts and your action drops in. Takes AICS magazine. Just add hand grip and butt stock. Your choice of optics and there you go. The MDT-LSS chassis goes for about $400...you can find one used for about $200ish.
    Thanks Lonestar! I researched about 2 hours last night and think I have it figured out. Looks like I will go the Chassis route. I'd love to find a good used one for sure.

Become a Team Savage member and watch the classifieds here, they come up from time to time. Seems the trend in competition is starting to move away from the chassis stocks and is slowly inching its way back towards more traditional glass stocks (McMillan, Manners, H-S, etc.). As such I would expect we will be seeing more used ones coming up for sale in the near future.

Personally I've never understood the chassis fad, but I tend to be more old school and still cringe at the site of the never ending line of recycled milk jugs adorning the wall every time I walk into a gun shop.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

MDT are good chassis for the money.

But if money isn't a problem, I would suggest CADEX !!!

There is a handful of chassis mfg's who chisel them out to fit Savage actions.

XLR
    KRG
    MDT
    Cadex
    Accurage-Mag
    Drake Associates Hunter Stalker

Basic Member
    Thank you all for the suggestions! I actually found and purchased an MDT LSS XL with buttstock and grip yesterday at a decent price. Never had a chassis before, could be my first and last. I do want to give it a try however.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mobenzowner View Post
    Thank you all for the suggestions! I actually found and purchased an MDT LSS XL with buttstock and grip yesterday at a decent price. Never had a chassis before, could be my first and last. I do want to give it a try however.
    I'm looking to do the same thing with my 12FV Cabelas rifle. I'm concerned about the LOP, looks like it could be on the long side. Are you getting it with an adjustable butt stock or fixed. Please post pics and give an appraisal of your set-up. Also, were did you find it and what's a good price?

I got an MDT LSS on a Rem700 Heavy 20" barrel in 223rem.

I like everything about the chassis. It's light, it's comfortable for different positional shooting. Has lots of area for the air to cool off the barrel. For this 20" bbl the regular LSS chassis fits/looks better. For longer barrels the LSS-XL is the better choice.

On the LSS I got the Skeleton Carbine butt stock and I don't like it as much as their Skeleton Rifle butt stock I have on a HS3 chassis.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 65Whelen View Post
    I'm looking to do the same thing with my 12FV Cabelas rifle. I'm concerned about the LOP, looks like it could be on the long side. Are you getting it with an adjustable butt stock or fixed. Please post pics and give an appraisal of your set-up. Also, were did you find it and what's a good price?
    The butt stock is the MDT skeletonized V4. It has adjustment available via the butt pad. I found it on gunbroker. It came with the chassis, the aforementioned butt stock and
    Magpul MIAD Gen 1.1 Grip and a couple mags. I paid $700 for the whole set up. Don't really know if it's that good of a deal or not, but I saw it, I wanted it, I bought it, lol.