Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boyd’s for my Axis

Quote Originally Posted by ltcg View Post
    Caveat Emptor

YMMV
    Have there been issues? I have used two of the V3 Precision pieces (one in a Boyd's Varminter and the other in an Axis wood stock made by Boyd's). Both dropped in place and I thought were well done replacements.

M

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Want2BS8ed View Post
    Have there been issues? I have used two of the V3 Precision pieces (one in a Boyd's Varminter and the other in an Axis wood stock made by Boyd's). Both dropped in place and I thought were well done replacements.

M
    Yeah, paid for mine Nov. 13. Still nothing. Left two requests via the contact page, and one voicemail. I've received no replies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    So, is the dude in the link V3 Precision or is this link someone else?

Basic Member
    Check that. I believe they're a different bunch. V3 Precision is a stones throw from me in Leander Texas. I could literally drive over there and pick up my pieces. And if I had been waiting since November believe me that would have already happened!

Great pixs...
    Perpetual Optimism is a force Multiplier....

Yeah, paid for mine Nov. 13. Still nothing. Left two requests via the contact page, and one voicemail. I've received no replies.

Not good at all. I just ordered a magazine catch from the place Mb1500 posted above. I have communicated with them and they assure me the part will get out most ricky tick. Gotta find pillars though. That will definitely be a gunsmith required event for me.

Basic Member
    Hey Gunny, that dude in the link had some really nice looking pillars. Textured really well. You might want to get back with him right quick and try to get them in on your order. They were only $5 when ordered with the clip!

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyJC View Post
    I'm sorry but, I don't understand the question. What's do you mean by bevel? Are you referring to the angled cut on the face where the magazine clip contacts the catch? If so, why is it beveled in the first place if it's not needed. Also, I ordered a Heritage laminate stock from Boyds. Is there any difference in the catch as opposed to wood? Please bear with me. I have zero gunsmithing experience.
    The boyds plastic catch has the bevel the ones I had made have the bevel . That is an extra machining process that costs extra. I had a hundred made and about to order more so looking to cut some cost if possible.

Basic Member
    ebgb68,
    Do you sell yours on a site somewhere? I wouldn’t mind picking one up with the bevel if the price is comparable to the others.

Quote Originally Posted by ebgb68 View Post
    The boyds plastic catch has the bevel the ones I had made have the bevel . That is an extra machining process that costs extra. I had a hundred made and about to order more so looking to cut some cost if possible.
    I already ordered one from a guy named Ben at the site listed earlier. Now I'm wondering if his are beveled or not.

Quote Originally Posted by chewy1010 View Post
    Hey Gunny, that dude in the link had some really nice looking pillars. Textured really well. You might want to get back with him right quick and try to get them in on your order. They were only $5 when ordered with the clip!
    I should have been paying closer attention. He won't be available for a week or so. I'll hit him up when he returns. Thanks. Good looking out.

ebgb68,
    Do you sell yours on a site somewhere? I wouldn’t mind picking one up with the bevel if the price is comparable to the others.
    I need to look at the rules here for selling don'r want to get into trouble . I've sold a few on Ebay but not at this time.
    The front pillar machined with the catch works well but that takes more stock . The center insert is the factory Boyds plastic catch.

Basic Member
    I definitely don’t want to do anything against site rules. Especially being a new member here. But I’m definitely interested. Even more so if they’re colored black already. If you can figure out anything feel free to PM me. I just as soon not jack with eBay. One suggestion, it would be nice if there was a little knurling or texture on that front pillar already.

Basic Member
    I believe you got a good looking product there. You should contact Boyd’s. No joke.

I definitely don’t want to do anything against site rules. Especially being a new member here. But I’m definitely interested. Even more so if they’re colored black already. If you can figure out anything feel free to PM me. I just as soon not jack with eBay. One suggestion, it would be nice if there was a little knurling or texture on that front pillar already.
    I know the pillars are supposed to be epoxied in place when pillar bedding. Hence the need for knurling or texture on the bedding pillars. Are the catches supposed to be epoxied in place too? I haven't seen anyone talk about doing that yet.

Basic Member
    I think the mag catch actually slides in a channel or groove in the stock.

DOH!!! Apparently, reading isn't one of my strong suits either.

The catch slides in the cutout and holds nice and tight on most stocks some have more room.The pillar is long for the varying stock thickness. When installed you get that nice bolt snug up not the plastic crushing sponge feeling.
    It also cures some of the magazine issues we run into. I haven't tried to bed one yet might have to try this out .

That's strange and sorry you are having a problem. My experiences have been the opposite- like ordered on a Sunday afternoon and a USPS label was printed that night. Never more than 2-3 days from Texas to Virginia.

Stay after 'em and let us know.

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    That's strange and sorry you are having a problem. My experiences have been the opposite- like ordered on a Sunday afternoon and a USPS label was printed that night. Never more than 2-3 days from Texas to Virginia.

M

Maybe he's out if them currently? If so I don't care. My frustration is with the lack of communication. If he doesn't return emails or voicemails I'm out of options. I'm not driving from PA to TX for a $40 order.

Really, I shouldn't be mucking up this thread with this. Just didn't want OP to have the same experience.
    Sounds as if its an isolated case and I'm don't want to do any vendor bashing. If mods want to delete these posts, I'm fine with it.

Basic Member
    Maybe he's out if them currently? If so I don't care. My frustration is with the lack of communication. If he doesn't return emails or voicemails I'm out of options. I'm not driving from PA to TX for a $40 order.

Really, I shouldn't be mucking up this thread with this. Just didn't want OP to have the same experience.
    Sounds as if its an isolated case and I'm don't want to do any vendor bashing. If mods want to delete these posts, I'm fine with it.

Your’e not mucking up the thread. This is the kind of information I want to see in a thread like this. I have since found two more people that make and sell the same piece, so guess where I’m not going to buy one? Even if he’s only a short drive from me.

Doesn't sound like mucking or vendor bashing to me. If we can't share knowledge AND experiences, why have the board in the first place?

I don't think it's mucking either... I was disappointed to hear someone was having trouble with a manufacturer that I felt had given good service. Facts are facts and not bashing.

Back to the question at hand, two Boyd stocks and both were substantially improved over the plastic part from Savage or Boyd's... no matter who you choose to purchase from, as long as it fits it will make a positive difference.

M

M

Basic Member

M

Got an update!

V3 Precision reached out to me today. Seems as if we are dealing with 2 problems.

Main problem is the merchant services took my money but didnt give it to him. The order was cancelled. He and I are working from both ends to put pressure on them to resolve it.

Second problem is a email host not sending messages. (He is planning to switch hosting services.)

The main issue especially is not his fault. If we can't get cooperation from the merchant company, (they are already trying to pass the blame around), I'll still order again.

We had a really good phone conversation. He's a great guy.

Basic Member
    ^^^^Cool.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast