Thread: Rebate Anyone?

Angry Rebate Anyone?

Did anyone get the $50 rebate on Jthe Mark II or Rascal purchase.?
    I did not. What I got was a lump of coal! After purchasing a BV and aRascal in October,applying on line,monitoring the status only to discover on Christmas Eve that both rebates were denied and that I am supposed to receive some sort of notice someday about this. How can a rebate take 6 to 8 weeks to process when you apply online ,send pictures of the sales receipt and UPC code etc. This looks and smells like a scam to me. “Entice the buyer with a false promise and then use delay ,deny, and distract until they don’t bother you anymore”

Well I won’t quit,and I certainly won’t ever buy a Savage or Vista product ever again.

A good product,but the management is terrible.

Name the guns so that they make sense.Not so that your customers have to learn a new language.
    models f,b, FV,BV ,TRR ,Plus L for left Y for Youth ,SS for stainless, 93 for WMR, Model 10 ,110,11, 12 ,14 etc. These are ok if you speak Savage ,but most people don’t.

And why do you keep making old products after the next Product comes out.

Sorry, but your B mags , suck., so maybe that answers the last question.

But the worst thing a company can do is screw its customers with a rebate scam.

Want to pull your product thru the market,Advertise.

Want to push your product thru the market ,then Vendor programs.

Want to sell more guns,do both.

Want to piss off customers, Rebate program.

Basic Member
    Write their VP ofMarketing to explain. You’ll get results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Easy tiger. I have got three rebates in two years from Savage. Call them and see whats going on. Read through the last 4 pages of "Cabelas 12fv thread." Rebates rejected, then accepted.

Basic Member
    ^^^^right. I understand getting ticked off, but certainly don't say anything to them like, "This is the last Savage I ever buy". If that's the case, they have no good business reason to make good on the rebate offer. I have rec'd several rejection emails from them myself this past week.

I suggest you do what I am gonna do: call them, have a copy of what I submitted in front of me and ask with all sincerity, "What did I do wrong, and how can I fix it?"

In all likelihood you will get your rebate.

Ok, I’ll tone it down. But I got the answer to my question. NO ONE HAS GOT THE $50 REBATE.As for no business reason to honor their contractual obligation.Well I beg to differ,certainly their economic fate depends on honoring such obligations,but even on a micro level ,my dissatisfaction is going to cost them more than the $100 they are trying to screw me out of.And the real question is why do I have to jump thru hoops to qualify for the discount they used to entice me to purchase.why do I have to go the extra steps to see why I was denied, and then try to correct the problem.This is a crappy way to do business,and I have learned my lesson,next time someone says rebate,I’m gonna turn and run!

Basic Member
    When I read "mail in rebate" on ANY product from Anyone, I don't get all warm and fuzzy. For sure it isn't free money, you have to work for it. I don't think the rimfire section has much traffic(This is the first for me). Good luck, happy shooting.

Basic Member
    I have submitted 5 12FV and 1 93R17 rebate. I got the $100 card for my first one and all the others have been "approved" and I am awaiting the cards for those. It does take a long time to get the card after you are approved. Just be vigilant and keep looking at your submissions. I had one hiccup and Vista Outdoors was very nice to talk to and get the issue ironed out.

As others have said, contact them and see why it was denied. Pissing and moaning about it here isn't going to get you anywhere with them.

As for Rebates in general, manufactures and retailers love them because they know that 50-75% of the people will file them in to get reimbursed so it's extra money in their pocket. The Cabela's 12FV rebate in the form of a $100 gift card is twice as bad as first you have to file to get it and then you have to remember to use it before it expires. The percentage of gift cards that go unused is right up there with the number of rebates that never get claimed.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    I’m with McFurious. I can’t imagine I’d choose firearm because of a rebate. That said, when I do business, I’d expect a manufacturer to live up to their deals. In this case, there is not much margin, and they hire people to process rebates at minimum wage, work them long hours over the holidays, because we want cheap stuff. Please be kind to all you talk too.
    Rest assured you will get your rebate. At least I’ve always gotten mine.
    Happy 2018!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just applied for the M11/111 rebate and they were EMPHATIC that even though I registered online I still had to send THE ORIGINAL box UPC and ORIGINAL sales receipt with the line circled.

So I did - certified mail.

Hopefully my $100 will not be denied.

Im hoping mine start showing up next week as it will be 6 weeks on Fri.. Otherwise I may have to talk to JG Wentworth - cause its my money and I want it now! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpkiller View Post
    I just applied for the M11/111 rebate and they were EMPHATIC that even though I registered online I still had to send THE ORIGINAL box UPC and ORIGINAL sales receipt with the line circled.

So I did - certified mail.

Hopefully my $100 will not be denied.
    That's what I had to do.
    Submitted all info on-line... was denied.
    Sent it all in physically and was approved.
    Now, I'm Waiting.............

Basic Member
    Ordered my Savage DOA 11/111 on November 13th. It shipped on 11/21 and I immediately mailed my stuff in for the rebate. My rebate shows fulfilled on 1/10/2018. Got an email saying the check was in the mail...

Quote Originally Posted by 12vesrepper View Post

Name the guns so that they make sense.Not so that your customers have to learn a new language.
    models f,b, FV,BV ,TRR ,Plus L for left Y for Youth ,SS for stainless, 93 for WMR, Model 10 ,110,11, 12 ,14 etc. These are ok if you speak Savage ,but most people don’t.
    I guess part of your complaint got through.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USAF Vet View Post
    That's what I had to do.
    Submitted all info on-line... was denied.
    Sent it all in physically and was approved.
    Now, I'm Waiting.............
    I submitted quite a few. Some were approved, some were denied. I called the rebate center and asked what I did wrong and what I need to do to correct my mistake... I was told some of them that were originally denied were actually fine so the rep approved them over the phone. Others were submitted with wrong document attached/downloaded or whatever. I messed up. I was told to resubmit them with proper documentation and they would be approved. THey were. Finally, I was informed the Axis rebates and Model 12 rebates were two dfiferent programs and needed to be submitted differently thru different sites. As it turned out, the Axis rebate could be partially submitted online, but required the original recpt and UPC sticker had to be mailed in, unlike the Model 12 rebate.

Therefore, I learned I made a few mistakes, they made a few mistakes, and, depending on which rebate we are seeking, there are different hoops to jump thru.