Thread: Browning BLR in 450 Marlin

Browning BLR in 450 Marlin

My Browning BLR in 450 Marlin

I also have a Savage 16/116 7mm Rem Magnum that will receive an aftermarket stock.

Nice!
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    BLR's are sweet, i own 2 of them both 358win's. The stainless on yours looks awesome, real nice wood. Nice caliber choice too, you can load up some spitzer bullets for that thumper to get a bit better trajectory than the stock flat point bullets.

Sweet!

If I lived where game ate people that would be a very welcome playmate.
    "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Last words of Gen. Sedgwik

My one and only gripe with Browning is the high gloss mirror-like finish they put on their wood stocks. It's nice to look at on the gun rack in the store on on the wall at home, but it's the last thing you want on your hunting rifle. I know it's sacrilege, but first thing I would do if it were mine would be to dull up that finish with some Pumice or Rottenstone so it's not acting like a signaling mirror in the woods.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Very Noice...
    Perpetual Optimism is a force Multiplier....

Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    My one and only gripe with Browning is the high gloss mirror-like finish they put on their wood stocks. It's nice to look at on the gun rack in the store on on the wall at home, but it's the last thing you want on your hunting rifle. I know it's sacrilege, but first thing I would do if it were mine would be to dull up that finish with some Pumice or Rottenstone so it's not acting like a signaling mirror in the woods.
    Here's a secret, my favorite bow is a Amazon Rosewood Browning Explorer (gloss). I also hunt with a Browning Wasp (gloss), and years ago I had a FN-Browning Safari .270 (gloss) that I sold. Get yourself a tin of cornuba/beeswax Bri-Wax in black or mahogany. Dab it on thick and let it dry. It makes a matte non-reflective finish. After the season buff it up. The dark wax fills scratches and looks GREAT.

I have been eye-level, inside 20 yards, on foot, with several whitetail that did not survive the encounter.

Attachment 4436
    "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Last words of Gen. Sedgwik