Thread: New here...just picked up older 110 22-250 to convert to 450 bush master

New here...just picked up older 110 22-250 to convert to 450 bush master

This is my first post, thanks ahead of time for your help. I recently purchased an older 110 long action 22-250 and thought it would be a good candidate to convert to 450 bush master. I have been reading threads here for a while and have seen that most convert to center feed to make these work but have seen some talk of guys trying to use the staggerd feed mags but can’t confirm if the worked? Has anyone had any luck with the staggered feed mags? My plan is to build it w a 16.26” barrel and eventually put a suppressor on it for quiet hunting....

Basic Member
    I have a suggestion: 45 Raptor. You can utilize your existing magazine, perhaps without any modification. X-Caliber will set you up with one, I see he just started advertising it for the AR10 platform so we know they have the reamer. I just did a .458 SOCOM. If my barrel would have been .452 I'd have done the Raptor. I bet we'll start seeing more ammo for it too, especially when the AR crowd latches on to it.

I think the bushmaster has a lot going for it with factory ammo right now. Ive read a little on the 45 Raptor and the only bolt rifle I read about had feeding issues due to the cartridge have no taper(fixed by conning the barrel). Not sure if it might take more to work than the 450 bushmaster?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Bowen View Post
    I think the bushmaster has a lot going for it with factory ammo right now. Ive read a little on the 45 Raptor and the only bolt rifle I read about had feeding issues due to the cartridge have no taper(fixed by conning the barrel). Not sure if it might take more to work than the 450 bushmaster?
    Haven't thought about the straight case. You could be right. I see Ruger is making the American Ranch in 450 BM. That's a neat looking little rifle.

I had big problems with the stagger feed setup with the SOCOM in my Gen 2 short action. I don't know if the BM would be better...I believe it's still a very short cartridge. I have a hunch that you may end up with a MacGyver'd center feed conversion with a mag block. Then again, I've read accounts of them just working as is in a blind Savage Stryker. Your 22-250 mag box might be perfect. Uncharted waters as far as I know.

I think if I personally ever get serious about the little big bore, I'll find me a Mossberg MVP with the AR mags.