Thread: Aftermarket trigger fir bottom bolt release

Aftermarket trigger for bottom bolt release

I've got an email from Rifle Basix saying the Sav-1 will work with the BBR. Timney's site it pretty clear that their trigger won't. They look nearly identical. Does anyone know what the differences are?

I call BS on the Timney. But hey, I'm the guy that made a SavII work on a bottom release.

Basic Member
    RB Sav-1 will work with any 10/110, Stevens 200 or Axis. It's nothing more than an improved, trued, tuned version of the regular trigger. How Robinhood got the Sav-2 to work with BBR is beyond my imagining, but Sav-1 is much more simple design with no clearance issues.

Rifle Basix own site says Sav-1 works with all 10/110's as said above: https://riflebasix.com/product/savag...trigger-sav-1/

Oh, I just re-read your original question. Timney and RB Sav-1 are essentially the same. It should work. Or just go with RB Sav-1, it's just as good.

Timney also says their trigger will work with BBR. https://www.timneytriggers.com/shop/...gers&model=128

Timney will not work because of the lock nut that they use for the sear engagement. It hits the bolt release. I have a timney, sav-1 and a sav-2. The sav-2 is better than the other two. I think the timney and the sav-1 are about the same. I have both mine set at 2 3/4 lbs. They are consistent and break nice. I would go with the sav-1 over the timney just because of the bolt release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bajeep93 View Post
    Timney will not work because of the lock nut that they use for the sear engagement. It hits the bolt release.

I remember that now. There is an easy fix but why bother when the SavI is a good trigger.

Foxx. I did a post on the process right here on this forum. I was prepared to tear down the rifle to show actual pictures of the pieces that were modified but there was no interest. So I moved on.