Hello Gentlemen,

I'm new here to the Forum and hope to get an answer to my problem I have. I recently bought a Savage Stealth in 6.5 Creedmoor Left hand. I also got a Sig Sauer Tango 4 6-24 X 50 scope.
My problem is the following. First I tried to zero my scope at 100 yard - no success (I couldnt even find where the POI is). I had troubles and eventually gave up for the day. Yesterday I went to the range again and encountered the following: At 50 yards (i wanted to start lower distance first) i was about 4 inch high and I had no more clicks to adjust downwards!!! (as a test, I moved some click up and the bullet actually moved further up, as expected).

I don't have too much experience bore sighting and zeroing scope (even though on my Tikka T3 Hunter with Nikon P308 scope worked out alright) and I'm wondering if I miss something here. please correct me if I'm wrong:
My scope (center line through tube) is about 2 inch higher than the center line of the barrel. So in an ideal world if i had the scope turrets in neutral position (0) and no bullet drop (i assume I pretty much could neglect bullet drop at 50 yards) my POI should be 2 inch below. Therefore i would (at 50 yards) bring my elevation 4 clicks (1/4 MOA per click) UP to compensate. I assume that 4 clicks up will bring the cross hair actually down, which will actually make me move the mussel up to compensate.

If this assumption is correct (where I think it is) I probably should rather have the opposite problem (being too low with POI), being too high doesn't really make sense to me??!!
Can somebody shed some light into my issue and tell me that I'm totally wrong or have a problem on hand - preferably with a solution?!

Do I need a 20 MOA rail? I think it makes the problem worse, wouldn't it?! I have normal scope rings, no cant option there.
I talked to a guy at the gun counter at a local Bass Pro shop and he explained that the 50 yards would be my problem?! Correct?!

Right now this messes with my head - really bad!!!

Best Regards,
Mike