Hi, I have a Savage Axis XP in .243 and just picked up a Savage 11 Trophy Hunter XP with the Nikon scope in .308. After reading some in this forum the first thing I did was change the rings. Will probably be after the first of the year before I get to try it out. I've enjoyed the Axis but after testing the 11's accutrigger I can see a huge difference. Will probably lead to a trigger change in the Axis. Why do I own these two rifles is the question? I own land in Illinois where I deer hunt every year with a shotgun slug gun? I guess the answer to that is easy, the 243 is a blast to shoot and I expect the same from the 308. I do have an invitation to deer hunt next season here in Kentucky so may get to try one out on that soon.

I'm 70 years young but still love to get outdoors, hope I can for some time yet. Owning a .308 is something I just wanted to do. My son voted for a 6.5 Creedmoor and there certainly is justification for that. I guess I'm just too old school.

While I own a few firearms, both long guns and hand guns, I am strictly an amateur just like messing with them. I look forward to picking up useful info here that will help me understand the things I need to do to become a little better shooter. Thanks to all.