So I decided a little before Thanksgiving that I wanted to do a budget precision long range/hunting build. Something that I could do some long range plinking with extreme accuracy but still be light and short enough to carry around hunting. Well Savage's yearly $100 end of year rebate and Field and Streams yearly holiday sale sounded like the perfect chance to get my platform. So I bought my Axis XP in 6.5 Creedmoor. Figured perfect for long range as we all know and in my opinion an excellent choice for hunting caliber. $220 after mail-in-rebate seemed like a great start. Then Cabelas had a steal on a scope, so I jumped on it. Did my own trigger job which made a world of difference. Currently only have a couple things left to get. Trying to keep it under $1k with glass, which I'll be able to do unless I swap barrel. If I go to heavy barrel then I'm looking at being a little over budget but not by much. So we'll see what happens. Goal of shooting at least moa to sub moa at 1,000yds with my easy to carry hunting rifle seems rather lofty of a goal but I'm gonna try. Worst case I'll still have a rifle I built and can enjoy that should prove to be super accurate at average Pennsylvania hunting distances. I'll keep you all posted on how I'm making out.

Here's my build list:
-Savage Axis XP in 6.5 Creedmoor - $220
-Vortex Viper HSLR 4-16x44 - $350
-EGW 20moa Picatinny Rail - $36
-Leupold PRW 30mm Medium Rings - $24
-Custom Trigger Job - $1
-Butler Creek Scope Covers - $16
-Butler Creek Sling - $5
Total: $652

Coming soon:
-Boyd's At-one, Prarie Hunter or Varmint Stock
-Glass Bedding