Thread: Has anyone installed a whidden v-block in a savage 12 synthetic stock?

Has anyone installed a whidden v-block in a savage 12 synthetic stock?

or, in any stock of similar synthetic material, for that matter? i look at the internals of this particular stock design and don't see how the shear forces would be managed and the adhesive bond assured.

and, yes, before it's mentioned i do have bell and carlson stocks... was just ruminating on salvaging a couple of these 'throw-aways' somehow since externally, i like the design and fit.

Basic Member
    I'm curious about this as well. They say "not for centerfeed", what about center feed actions prevents you from using the Vblock setup? It might be cool to put in my GRS stock but both my actions are center feed I guess and I'm using an AICS dbm.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Smokinghole;422502]I'm curious about this as well. They say "not for centerfeed", what about center feed actions prevents you from using the Vblock setup? It might be cool to put in my GRS stock but both my actions are center feed I guess and I'm using an AICS dbm.

the magwell cutout is approx 3.325" which puts the back of cutout too far back for the cf box. also, the v-block is not relieved for the cf box retainer clip. it looks to me if that cutout were made and a spacer fabricated it could easily be made to work. i have one in hand, but posting a pic is not working for me.

note: i was going to get a block for the target action, as i single feed on the bench anyway. but, i wanted to see exactly how whidden handled the mag well.

Basic Member
    Someone needs to make a aluminum bedding block with integral single shot ramp for the savage 10/12 that can relatively easily be installed in the 12FV stock.......now that would be a winner!