After 5 years of not getting a buck tag I finally drew one this year. Our season runs about two weeks and when it started I had decided that I would take any legal buck, that changed when I saw this rather nice 5x5 on opening day. Chased him for 3 days and couldn't get a decent shot at him. Though I could have shot other bucks I decided to wait knowing that I had the last weekend of the season off from work.

Sat. Nov. 25th I was back in the pasture that I hunt well before sunrise, wondering if I would see him, or if someone else had gotten him since I had last been up here. As the sun came up I saw several deer in some brush on a hillside. I checked them out with my spotting scope and as I was looking at a small 3x3 more antlers appeared in the scope, focusing on this deer I was pleased to see it was the same 5x5 I had been chasing on opening weekend. My rangefinder said he was 425 yards. I dialed in the needed elevation and took a standing broadside shot, he went down within 25 yards.

Some will want to know how I can be certain that this was the same deer, you can't see it on the picture below, but between G2 and G3 on both side the antlers are wider that normal. I'll post some pictures on the antlers when I finish the European mount. He green scores 153 1/8, not record book, but a very nice looking buck. Needless to say, I am very happy.