Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Painted my 12 LRP stock

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by big honkin jeep View Post
    According to an article I googled it is indeed hollow in the buttstock area and easy enough to drill for the installation of an adjustable cheek piece.
    Just to be extra sure I'd probably give HS Precision a call and discuss your plans with them. Manufacturers are usually very helpful to their customers on things like this and may even offer up some additional how to or tips on the best way to do it. I think it would be very functional for you and would look good too when painted to match.
    Good luck BHJ
    I took your advice and called HS Precision today and they were not helpful at all...all they said was it would void the warranty and may or may not work

Basic Member
    HS used to have an aluminum pipe inside the pistol grip to keep it from snapping in 2 there. Not sure if they still do and if so how far into the butt it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    I took your advice and called HS Precision today and they were not helpful at all...all they said was it would void the warranty and may or may not work
    That stinks,
    As much as HS precision thinks their stocks are worth,
    A fella would at least think they would give decent customer service and answer a straight forward question about installing a cheek riser on one of their stocks.
    Though I am not very likely to run out and buy one of their stocks because of their cost vs the competition, Stuff like this lets me know where to spend my money should I need a higher end stock in the future.

Did you tell em you painted it? They'll probably tell you that voids the warranty too.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big honkin jeep View Post
    That stinks,
    As much as HS precision thinks their stocks are worth,
    A fella would at least think they would give decent customer service and answer a straight forward question about installing a cheek riser on one of their stocks.
    Though I am not very likely to run out and buy one of their stocks because of their cost vs the competition, Stuff like this lets me know where to spend my money should I need a higher end stock in the future.

Did you tell em you painted it? They'll probably tell you that voids the warranty too.
    I didn't tell em that...I had the feeling the lady I was talking to was anxious to get me off the phone she did say that there was a hollow area behind the recoil pad and no metal in the butt....oh well...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bajeep93 View Post
    I have the triad tactical stock pack on my
    h-s. It is a great fit. It has never moved at all.
    Got the same one on my Accustock (right handed though). Love it! It took a little while getting it adjusted right and snugged up but it was well worth it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kcb38 View Post
    Got the same one on my Accustock (right handed though). Love it! It took a little while getting it adjusted right and snugged up but it was well worth it.
    I bought one as well for my HS stock. Not the cheapest, but VERY well made. Once adjusted and cinched down, it does not move. The next one I buy, I plan to try the regular one without the side pocket.

Basic Member
    Someone here recommended the Bradley Adjustable Cheek Rest so I picked one up for $110, works great and it stays on well. I was going to go the drill way and get a kydex riser but after fubaring the forearm while drilling to put on a rail for the bipod, I didn't want to go through the same thing twice. When I drilled under the forearm, there was this powder stuff and it felt like it was going to fall apart so I jammed the screw in there and left it. I have to go back and fix that because I like this stock a lot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12