A young man moved from our town to Colorado. He would like to hunt Elk. I have some Savage parts and rifle parts. The young man's father another friend and myself would to put a rifle together for him. The parts I have are inherited from an uncle except for an accu stock. The friend has built several high end modern Savage squirrel rifles. I have very little experience with Savage rifles. The parts I have are action and bolt with magazine box,spring ,follower,bottom metal action screws,trigger and trigger guard. Serial number 53176 on receiver and bolt. I have a Savage 30-06 barrel and barrel nut,wrench, and recoil lug. I thought the receiver was for an30-06 however the bolt face is to large for an 30-06 case. The bolt face fits my 375 H&H and my 416 rem. I would like to make a 30-06. The bolt face has a extractor(?) ring? I have one piece leupold base and rings and a Redfield scope. I have a youth black hardwood stock, short length of pull that I don't think I can use and I have an accu stock that has a cut out in the bottom for a detachable magazine.I have swivels studs recoil pads and others. The idea is to use up parts and end up with a serviceable hunting rifle. I am confused about the receiver and the bolt face. The firing pin works and the empty cases extract and eject. I have go- no go gauge for 30-06. What can I use to make what?