Thread: New 64f multiple issues.

heks1

New 64f multiple issues.

Hi. I recently bought a model 64f and am having issues with feeding. I am aware of issues with the magazines. One of my mags does better than the other.
    At the range today I had many issues with rounds getting jammed and bent in the action like in the picture. The gun is brand new and has not been cleaned yet. I have not modified the magazines in any way just yet. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this issue?
    Thank you.

I "had" similar problems with 64 FV-SR that appears to be solved. I did a bit of smoothing/sanding/trimming on the magazines to allow the rear portion of bullet to rise earlier in its travel to barrel...i.e., become horizontal quicker. Many articles on this by searching. Other thing causing the malfunction was soft lead nose deforming and stopping on sharp edge of barrel opening....mine was jamming on 6 o'clock position. I used a piece of 800-1000 grit sandpaper on the tip of my finger to very lightly remove the sharpness of the barrel edge from about the 5-7 o'clock position. I've gone many rounds since without malfunction.

I had this same problem on an older model 64 I have. I used it for coon hunting for years with never an issue, then one year it started jamming like this every other round. After cleaning everything and still having issues a friend suggested I clean and lube the magazine itself. Turns out years of walking through the woods gets a mag full of grit and it will stick so bad it doesn't push the next round up. Might try lubing your mag