Thread: NoDak New Guy

NoDak New Guy

Hey All,

Been an occasional lurker over the years and have grabbed a good chunk of info and knowledge from the forum.

I am a hunter, target shooter and general firearm fan. I've been shooting and reloading rifles, shotguns, and handguns for as long as I can remember. My safe hosts several rim and center fire Savage/Stevens.

My current projects are...

Savage 14 in .243 - I just picked this up for a steal at a pawn shop. Came with a cheaper Nikon 3-9 BDC already on it. Took it to the range and sent about half a box of Hornady Superformance 95gr SST down the barrel. Groups right around 1.5" without a lot of effort. A call to Savage revealed it was born in 2005 and has a 1:9.25" twist. I plan on loading for it and using it as a dandy backup deer/coyote rifle.

Savage 11 Lightweight Hunter in .260 - I've owned this rifle for about 18 months. I bought it to use as my "everything" rifle in a lightweight configuration. So far it has accounted for 2 whitetail deer, countless coyotes, a cow elk and an antelope. I've loaded probably 20 different bullet/powder combinations for it. It has a 2-7 x 32 Bushnell and Talley light mounts to keep weight down. It's an awesome carry rifle and one of my favorites.

Stevens 200 in .270 - I bought this at a garage sale (seriously) about 4 years ago for less than the cost of a tank of gas. It is a wood stock with blued barrel. I haven't stripped it down for inspection let alone chambered a single round. My latest plan has been to make it my first re-barrel project. So far I'm deciding between making another .260 or trying a long barreled 6mm-06.

I look forward to reading, learning and hopefully contributing.

Team Savage
    Welcome aboard

Welcome from northeast georgia
    Ackley was right all along

Welcome
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Welcome to the Sickness....Relax, Beers in the fridge....
    Perpetual Optimism is a force Multiplier....

Team Savage
    howdy

Welcome!
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways