Thread: Savage 11 DOA XP Question

Basic Member

Savage 11 DOA XP Question

New member here. Found this site while researching Savage guns.

I just found a deal on a Savage 11 DOA XP in 7mm-08 for $399 (not including the mfr rebate). I went ahead and ordered it, but now am searching for information and reviews online about this gun and cannot seem to find much. How does this gun compare to the Savage Trophy series? I was planning on getting a Savage Axis II but ended up going with this gun? Did I make the right choice? Does anyone know where I can find some more information on this gun other than the basic info posted on the Savage website?

They're the same package basically. Has a few differences mainly being the optics. Think you did good for the $399 you paid for it. I used the same action for my custom build this last year. You should be happy with it. It will shoot 1 MOA probably right out of the box (after sight in of course).

If you find you want more out of it, then you can start upgrading items... Savage is very "build" friendly.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SageRat Shooter View Post
    They're the same package basically. Has a few differences mainly being the optics. Think you did good for the $399 you paid for it. I used the same action for my custom build this last year. You should be happy with it. It will shoot 1 MOA probably right out of the box (after sight in of course).

If you find you want more out of it, then you can start upgrading items... Savage is very "build" friendly.
    Thanks. It was a display model from Palmetto State Armory. It may have a few blemishes but this is basically going to be a truck gun and backup gun so I don't need it to look pretty.

Basic Member
    CDNN has these rifles on sale now for $299 after $100 Savage rebate.......can’t beat that with a stick! I just ordered one in 6.5 Creedmoor.