Thread: Savage 10t-SR miss fire

Savage 10t-SR miss fire

I purchased all 5 calibers of this rifle and only gotten around to shooting 4 of them my 6.5 and 223 shoot awesome but my 22:250 and my 6mm creedmore misfire.I can have several miss fires in a row and the primer does not show any sighn of being hit with the firing pin at all nothing my 6mm creed more the same thing.I am shooting my reloads new brass I am using Remington 7 1/2 lrg rfl. primers I have a 6.5 stealth that I can take the bolt apart on but these rifles have a new set up for me as far as bolt tear down goes.I would like to not have to send them back to savage if at all possable.Any body having this problem,or recommendations.Bolt closes normal and when it does fire bolt lift is not hard.I am shooting under max published loads.
    Please Help!

Just a quick question, have you reworked the primer pockets on your brass and possibly got them too deep?

Certainly a possibility. How is the bolt dissasembly different?? Even without dissasembling, you can check firing pin protrution. Have had a few where from the factory firing, there was some brass in the firing pin hole that gummed-up the works.

I have not worked my brass pockets it is new brass 1 time loaded hornaday.
    The bolt is really the same as my stealth other than on my stealth there is a allen screw to unscrew and on the 10 T there is no allen screw instead they have a cocking indicator that has no way of gripping it to unscrew like my stealth.They may make a special wrench Ill have to look at savage,s web site or try googleing how to disassemble this bolt.The strange thing is it is doing it on 2 of the 5 rifles I have not shot 1 of them
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Lowholer View Post
    I have not worked my brass pockets it is new brass 1 time loaded hornaday.
    The bolt is really the same as my stealth other than on my stealth there is a allen screw to unscrew and on the 10 T there is no allen screw instead they have a cocking indicator that has no way of gripping it to unscrew like my stealth.They may make a special wrench Ill have to look at savage,s web site or try googleing how to disassemble this bolt.The strange thing is it is doing it on 2 of the 5 rifles I have not shot 1 of them
    Rick
    Trip the firing pin. The rear bolt screw is still an Allen head. Just have to kick the cocking piece forward.

and to address your original problem, 90% chance the trigger is being tripped but with the accutrigger safety blade not fully depressed. It’s stopping the firing pin. Try to pull straight rearward on trigger. No side pressure, or turn up the pull weight just a touch

^ this

If it is an Accutrigger you are tripping the safety trigger blade too soon. The blade is stopping the sear and that stops the firing pin from hitting the primer.
    Causes: Incorrect trigger "squeeze" for the accutrigger. Or weight of trigger pull set too low.

I will check out the above Good info Thank You !I have not played with the trigger adjustments at all but it is possible it was set to low at the factory.Ill keep you all informed what I find
    Appreciate the responses!!!!
    Rick