Thread: No steel trigger guard for Savage Axis stock?

LarryM

No steel trigger guard for Savage Axis stock?

I did an exhaustive search for this both here and the internet in general, but am not coming up with a steel trigger guard for my Axis. Does one not exist?

TIA

For the factory synthetic stock no. The trigger assembly also houses the rear magazine catch. It also is what makes the difference between long and short action.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

LarryM
    Thanks! One more reason to set the stock mods aside and go with a Boyd's from the start, I guess.

I shot the factory stock first with a reinforced forend. I still noticed flex in the wrist area so I ordered a Boyd's stock. This also could due with some modification. I ended up pillar beading the stock and adding a steel trigger guard. The Boyd's stock comes with a plastic trigger guard. I have posted my whole process in the axis section, titles new 243 heavy barrel build.

Basic Member

No steel trigger guard for Savage Axis stock?

Quote Originally Posted by ktmracer358 View Post
    I shot the factory stock first with a reinforced forend. I still noticed flex in the wrist area so I ordered a Boyd's stock. This also could due with some modification. I ended up pillar beading the stock and adding a steel trigger guard. The Boyd's stock comes with a plastic trigger guard. I have posted my whole process in the axis section, titles new 243 heavy barrel build.

When I bought my Boyd's stock, I ordered the steel trigger guard from Boyd's too. It feels so much better than the cheapo plastic one.