Thread: Savage 23-D Question

KMAY

Savage 23-D Question

Alright fellas i got a question. I have an old savage model 23-d in 22 hornet and it has an old weaver n2 side mount with what i believe is a Weaver j scope? Anyway its not in to good of shape anymore and i was wondering if i have any other options of trying to mount a 1in scope on it besides just drilling and tapping the reciver? I would prefer not to do that but i want to be aboe to use it and i can get the gun to group any better than 1 3/4in at 100 yards and i think its because of the scope?

So what would you guys suggest? I saw somewhere that someone used a Marlin 336 sidemount that he drilled to match the holes already in the reciver but i cant seem to find the exact mount he used.

Thanks
    Kyle

hailstone

Re: Savage 23-D Question

You have a few options still available for that rifle. Weaver still makes a side mount base and several mounts that the rings attach too while the mount attaches too the base. I have several of those old bases but don't remember whether the screw spacing fits the Savage. Believe the newer 340 Series E rifle the base did fit that screw spacing. Would imagine that these mounts and bases could easily be modified too fit receiver and scope. Occasionally old mounts show up on eBay for these old rifles.