Thread: 320 hammer won't fall

killorbekilled

320 hammer won't fall

Hello all. New inmate to the asylum. LOL. Just bought a new 320. Disassembled to clean and lube. Plus, as I do with a lot of new weapons, got into the trigger group to do a little smoothing. Years ago I worked on a Win 1300 so I was somewhat familiar with the details. As a backup a guy on you tube had a nice tutorial on the trigger group that I referred to. Here's the problem: The hammer won't fall when pulling the trigger. I took it apart twice and carefully reassembled. No dice. The bolt lever is rising and falling like it should. That arm on the sear housing is correctly positioned. Safety is working. It seems to me that the trigger is not making contact with the sear and I don't know why. With the trigger assy out of the gun before I started any work hammer was catching and releasing as it should. I am stymied at this point. Any tips appreciated. Thanks.

killorbekilled
    Another idea. If someone would pop their trigger assy out and decock the hammer and take a pic that shows how the bottom of the sear connects to the trigger it might help. Thanks.