Thread: B22 FVSS model 70202

Basic Member

B22 FVSS model 70202

Just grabbed one on Gun Buyer.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/item/712991859
    Probably a week before it gets here.
    Anybody else have one?

That is a sweet shooter. I have a Laminated 17HMR, bull barrel and love it....My backyard sniper rifle.....Very accurate...Congrats.

If it shoots as well as the blued version I reviewed earlier this year you'll be very, very happy.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Picked it up this evening,,, Giving it a 'clean job' as we speak,,,,

I've heard that they shoot pretty darn good.

Saw your review earlier, Mr F. (Thanks!) I've also read/watched as many more as I could find.

Didn't seem like anyone had any real 'bad' reviews, and stumbling upon a BVSS model in 22LR at a really nice price sealed the deal.

Life is good!!!!

Basic Member
    It is a good shooter. Gives my CZ 455 some serious competition, if not bettering it in some instances.

Replaced the OEM trigger spring with a Target spring. (Target spring is much shorter, so the gun won't function correctly if the spring is adjusted all the way down. Back it out a few turns and all is well)

There are a few 'fiddly' things about it,,,

The 22LR rotary mag is a bit funky to charge. Worst when new, somewhat better after 500+ rounds and after the edges of the rotary shell divider round off a bit,,, (Not impossible, but not as easy a some others. Contemplating a Butler Creek 25 rnd mag as the design looks much easier to charge)

Bolt can be difficult to remove. Mine requires the trigger to be pulled back farther than the trigger blade. Once I started placing the crease of my finger joint on the blade, pulling the actual trigger itself back further was much easier.

The rotating bolt head is, at times, a chore to align. (Only occurs when reinserting bolt into breech. Gets better with practice, but still not something I 'get right' every time)

As anticipated, the stock 'is what it is'. Good ergos, but still not as rigid as a more expensive stock.

Chamber is a bit tight and/or rough. Even after surpassing the 500 round mark, after repeated use of some flavors of ammo I encountered repeated failure to extract. An ammo change brought it back to life, but again, just something 'fiddly' my other 22's don't encounter.

With all that being said,,, am I unhappy????

Heck no!!!!

As I'm running thousands of rounds a year through my 22's, I see it as 'Work in progress' that will get 'less fiddly' with time, with accuracy being strong 'right out of the gate' and a low 'cost of admission'!

To put it in perspective, I have a Ruger American Rimfire in 22LR with a Boyds stock that now, after a couple thousand rounds down the pipe, is about 'as good as it's ever going to get' in my hands. The Savage easily surpasses it in accuracy and does so with a broader range of ammo.

The RAR will shoot, but it requires more effort and therefore is less likely to be 'fun'

Did I mention I like FUN!!??!!