Thread: Stealth 6.5 Creedmoor Chassis Modification (Version 0.75)

jacaspary

Stealth 6.5 Creedmoor Chassis Modification (Version 0.75)

I have two complaints about the chassis they chose for the Stealth. One, the butt stock is workable but leaves something to be desired. Two, the fore end is not comfortable (to me) when off the bench and it is limited in its versatility in different shooting positions.

Hence my modification:

Hexagonal carbon fiber tube from rock west. Attached it with mlok grip panels. Maintains free float and gives a surface to work off of when not shooting from a bench. Still needs some more changes to fit and finish and it is a bit too long for my liking at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacaspary View Post
    I have two complaints about the chassis they chose for the Stealth. One, the butt stock is workable but leaves something to be desired. Two, the fore end is not comfortable (to me) when off the bench and it is limited in its versatility in different shooting positions.

Hence my modification:

Hexagonal carbon fiber tube from rock west. Attached it with mlok grip panels. Maintains free float and gives a surface to work off of when not shooting from a bench. Still needs some more changes to fit and finish and it is a bit too long for my liking at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Nice mod.

Youre not the first to hate the design.

At its core its an mdt lss and you can find many designs both homemade and mass produced like the ashbury ordnance one to resolve them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MDT has a nice butt stock upgrade plus a folding adapter

Inspector12
    I ditched the factory buttstock on mine in favor of a Magpul Gen 3 PRS. Haven't had time to shoot it much but the forearm feels pretty good to me.

Basic Member
    I like it. I would mount a stud or rail up front for a bipod, and call it good. Is it solid?

Nice mod! The factory fore end is the only thing holding me back from buying the Stealth instead of the Ashbury or Ruger. This may be what I need to finally pull the trigger (no pun intended!) on this gun. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Nice modification. I like the simplicity of the stock design but may change in time.