I bought a stainless LWH in 223 a few years ago. It has impressed me. The worst it's done with handloads is about an inch and a half. The best crowded a half inch. It has two loads that are guaranteed to deliver .75 inch 3 shot groups at 100 yards if I do my part. Today my LWH in 6.5 Creedmoor arrived at my FFL. I slapped a Leupold VX2 3-9x40 on it and headed to the range.

I did the look through the bore boresighting method and fired a shot at 50 yards. I made an adjustment and fired again. It needed one more adjustment. I made that one then fired two more shots. Together they made a single hole that you had to look hard to see where two bullets hit. Then I backed off to 100 yards. I fired a group that went about an inch. The groups started opening up a little after that. I suspect it needed cleaning. I shot factory Hornady GMX stuff. I finished that box off. From here on out it's handloads.

I have long been a fan of Ruger 77 and Hawkeye Ultralights. I own one in 257 Roberts and 7MM-08. They are heavier than Savage LWH by about a pound. In contrast they feel robust. They don't shoot as well though. I am happy when they will give me 1.5 inch groups. I am growing to like the Savage LWH rifles better than my long loved Rugers. I paid $529 for this one and will get a $100 rebate. It's hard to beat them in a hunting rifle. The recoil pads get the job done. Mine tipped the scales at 6.6 pounds.