Thread: New guy from Poconos of Ne Pa.

ngzcaz

New guy from Poconos of Ne Pa.

Hey guys... new first time Savage owner here. Happened to see a flyer from Dick's and couldn't pass up ( since I didn't have a bolt action 22 ) a Mark II GXP for $ 109 plus taxes of course. Depending on the weather I hope to take it to the range tomorrow morning. I have 4 .22's but nary a bolt action in the lot. Should remind me of my brothers old Remington 22 of years ago when working the bolt. I happen to be a lefty but always had right hand rifles when I was growing up simply because I couldn't afford a new one. Now it would seem odd having a lefty.
    Anyway, greetings from the beautiful Poconos Mts of Ne Pa.

Wow that's amazing to me! A lefty shooting right but I certainly understand how to make due!!! Anyway welcome and hope you find the wealth of information and knowledge here as I have!!

Team Savage
    Welcome aboard

ngzcaz
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Dingfelder View Post
    Wow that's amazing to me! A lefty shooting right but I certainly understand how to make due!!! Anyway welcome and hope you find the wealth of information and knowledge here as I have!!

I'm sure there are many leftys ( as old as I am ) that remember desks in junior and high school that were made for right handers, almost impossible to find one for left handers. It was interesting growing up in a right handed world, I threw baseball and football left handed, kicked left footed, golfed right handed, wrote left handed, wore a baseball glove on my left hand then took it off quickly if I caught anything to throw the ball back simply because there were no right handed gloves in my small little town. Let's see, I pole vaulted with the pole on my left hand, batted right handed, tennis left handed, putted golf balls right handed only because there were no left handed putters when I rented clubs. Although I shoot pistol/revolver left handed I'm opposite eye dominant. I hold drinks with my right hand, pick up things with my right hand. I guess I learned to slow dance right footed only because the girls immediately took their normal dancing position. When motocross racing ( many many years ago ) I always found the left turns easier to take than the right ones.
    Recently and most importantly, I use the TV remote with my right hand

Congrats and welcome from Gettysburg, Penna

Welcome from northeast georgia
    Ackley was right all along

Welcome to the BrotherHood of the BarrelNut, family had a place in Gouldsburo Pa. near SGL 127 the range was a pretty good one BUT some yaho's came and shot it up BUT then got owned by some locals.
    Havn't been there in some years, the new system with having to have a hunting lic. or a paid ticket looks to be working

Team Savage
    howdy

Team Savage
    Hello neighbor..Towanda,rt 6 west

ngzcaz
    Quote Originally Posted by noname View Post
    Hello neighbor..Towanda,rt 6 west
    Yep.... familiar with Towanda. I used to work as a contract guard for DHS and Towanda was one of the spots in our district. Not many volunteered because it was kinda out there by its self. Rt 6 was a great drive, just don't be in a hurry. I guess part of that is near the gas producers ? Haven't been up in many years. Good to hear from you :)

Welcome!
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.