Thread: bipod?

Team Savage

bipod?

what bipod are you pros using?

Harris Bipods are tough to beat... Then there's the Atlas... length is a personal preference and what conditions you may be shooting in. I use a 6-9 Harris on my 260 Rem but it's mostly a bench gun or shooting Prone off the back of my pickup bed for long range gong.

But if I was going to get coyotes or something like that, I'd want something quite a bit longer, so I could be seated on a hill somewhere and still shoot over the tall grass and brush. I'm starting to realize I may need several Bipods in various lengths to cover all my bases... Then again I'm not a "Pro"... Just a country boy with a precision rifle and too much time on my hands...

Basic Member
    The Tiptop Rifle Bipod S9N version is a huge upgrade over the harris at a 1/3 of the cost to get the same features on a Harris. I've been running mine hard for a few months now and am quite happy with it's ease of function. I only pull my harris out if I feel I need something with spiked feet on it.

Basic Member
    +1 for the Peleton Tip Top bipod. I like them better than my Harris and half the cost.I own all three sizes .

https://peletontechnology.com/rifle-bipods/

Basic Member
    In FTR many now use the Joy Pod ($$$) but often see the Sinclairs and Duplex.

The Sinclair with the adjustable Z axis is a nice compromise of price and stability.

Basic Member
    Been running a Harris BRM-S for years in what is now called PRS and don't have a reason to change. Does everything I need for around $100.

I had a harris, I bought one of these: https://rifle-precision-system.com/s...ipod-mkii.html they are not cheap but is now a much more stable platform and handles recoil much better. It is virtually identical to the SAKO one and a bit cheaper. I will say tho that their customer service is very poor.

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    The Tiptop Rifle Bipod S9N version is a huge upgrade over the harris at a 1/3 of the cost to get the same features on a Harris. I've been running mine hard for a few months now and am quite happy with it's ease of function. I only pull my harris out if I feel I need something with spiked feet on it.
    does it come with a regular sling stud mount? I like the design but need a different mount that what I see in the pictures..

I have been using a Harris BRM-S with a pod lock and a Sinclair GenII I really like the Sinclair with it's 18" foot print. The rifle precision appears to be a nice bipod it set's the bore a lot lower, gonna look into one of those myself.
    300WSM 26" 1:10 Med. Hvy. Varmit McRee Precision

Basic Member
    They have both options. There 9 different Series covering pretty much all options to just the ones you need/prefer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by moecarama View Post
    I have been using a Harris BRM-S with a pod lock and a Sinclair GenII I really like the Sinclair with it's 18" foot print. The rifle precision appears to be a nice bipod it set's the bore a lot lower, gonna look into one of those myself.

I reworked it a little and was able to swing the mount to the inside of the chassis so it sits much better now, couldn't find that pic earlier.....

but yeah, mine is 7mm rem mag and this bipod makes it much nicer to shoot for sure

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    They have both options. There 9 different Series covering pretty much all options to just the ones you need/prefer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ordered one yesterday.

Noice info

Quote Originally Posted by noname View Post
    what bipod are you pros using?
    nit

Not a pro but I’m going to use a Mystic Precision MPOD. Very solid, clamps onto an Anschutz rail, light, moderately priced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mike99-123 View Post
    nit

Not a pro but I’m going to use a Mystic Precision MPOD. Very solid, clamps onto an Anschutz rail, light, moderately priced.

Has cant adjustment, no elevation

I have an Atlas PSR QD for general purpose bench or prone. Love the Atlas ! Pricey, but worth every penny and USA made ! For my Savage 12 FTR when I shoot midrange precision prone I have Flex bipod :

http://www.kreativ-solutions.com/flex-bipods.html . The Flex work's awesome, and not super expensive. No expert here, just a recreational amateur trying for better precision !

I have a Harris Lightweight 1A on my .260 Rem.

I bought the bipod in 1977 or so.

Still like new on the fourth rifle. I can't tell you how many times the legs have been cycled in that many years but it has to be in the five-digit range.

Quality is an investment.
    "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Last words of Gen. Sedgwik