I purchased this early gun off of gunbroker. The seller sort of didn't disclose it had an aftermarket magazine and a HOBOed extractor and spring. Oh, and the gun had been reblued which could not be seen in the photos. And the barrel is basically shot out. Not a good way to start the post, but its what I have to work with.
He did refund the price of the extractor and extractor spring. I bought a used bolt with an extractor and spring and put that in. I bought a Wolf return spring kit for the slide. The aftermarket magazine was causing me trouble after I got the parts back in and together. It was sitting about 1/16 or so high and above the feed ramp which caused a feeding issue. I have a second, newer gun, and with that magazine, it will feed. Now the extractor will pull the spent case to about half way and sometime get it pointed out, but it is catching on the next round in the mag. The spent case fails to exit. Does anyone know if the extractor rides on a high spot in the slide that may have been shaved off or something with the old extractor that was HOBOed? They made a piece that went on the outside of the extractor, same size, after they notched out both pieces as the extractor was wore at the back where it was suppose to rest against the spring to hold it in place and a pin was made on the end of that piece that went into the extractor spring after they cut it down. Not what I would call quality work by any means, which leads me to think they did something inside the slide??

I was going to put the old slide spring back in and try it as the Wolf spring is about 2 inches longer and harder to pull the slide back. Also this is the small barrel .416 gun. I am not sure if this was a pieced together gun that was just being dumped? It looks all correct for the year and serial with metal side plates and the early bolt with the single notch in the middle, both slide and bolt. I also got a second early bolt and slide with the parts I bought. The second bolt will not turn more than about half way?? I used a magic marker and covered all the surfaces of it to see where it might be hitting but it did not show any shiny areas. The other slide I got has some pitting and the radius at the back of it is about wore off where the bolt rotates around, I don't think it is usable but the seller said it was all from the same gun. Maybe more bad info. Any ideas, solutions, or what any has to offer, I am all ears. Thanks for any help. Also does anyone know if the newer barrel with the loaded chamber indicator will work in this gun? I can get a good barrel in the right size, but it has that notch all the way up the barrel as well as the second cut ring??
Lyle