Thread: Change of plans for my 110 short action

Basic Member

Change of plans for my 110 short action

Was going to go with a 35 Remington conversion, but due to a lack of feedback about that particular cartridge, I decided to go with the 308 Winchester.
    There's a powerful attraction in the versatility of the round, availability of ammo and components as well as being able to salvage components from just about every 30 caliber round out there
    I would like a good quality, modestly priced 26 inch barrel ( I like longer barrels. Less powder, same velocities). Suggested brands, from personal experience, appreciated.
    My 110 is an E series flat back with a SUPERB trigger. E serial number prefix.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddly View Post
    Was going to go with a 35 Remington conversion, but due to a lack of feedback about that particular cartridge, I decided to go with the 308 Winchester.
    There's a powerful attraction in the versatility of the round, availability of ammo and components as well as being able to salvage components from just about every 30 caliber round out there
    I would like a good quality, modestly priced 26 inch barrel ( I like longer barrels. Less powder, same velocities). Suggested brands, from personal experience, appreciated.
    My 110 is an E series flat back with a SUPERB trigger. E serial number prefix.
    always had good luck with shaw
    but my new build going more percision and only looking at 140.00 more for shelin
    Old Smokey

Basic Member
    I've had good luck with the 2 CBI barrels I have.

I'm with JGlover on this one... I've got 3 CBI barrels and they are all shooters... I'd also consider the Shilen as I've heard they are just as good.

Basic Member
    I'm gathering parts for a long range 6.5cm and am considering a shilen select match barrel. But it's hard to decide since my 6br CBI shoots .2-.3(better if I can do my part)

I hear you JGlover... For me, I'm of the mind.... if it isn't broke, don't fix it. I think I'll be staying with my CBIs until I get one that isn't "up to par" from what I've experienced thus far.