Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don't understand deer!

Quote Originally Posted by 243LPR View Post
    Have no idea what you're talking about.
    Back in the day, what would you rather have done than eat,sleep,or drink ?????????????
    today for me its sleep,eat,have a beer and ''mabe'' if I can find my ''blue pills '' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol lol

Basic Member
    Kinda like the 3 I've shot and the one my wife shot

1st one was 3 years ago I'm sitting in a camp chair using a little brush thicket for cover overlooking a hillside that my dad has hunted my whole life. This beautiful 8pt walks about 70 yards out from me, I bring the shotgun up (mossberg500) and center the crosshair on him and pull the trigger. Thanks to buck fever I miss, he's looking at me like wtf did you just shoot at me. I run the pump and he runs off, so I sit down figuring well opening day there will be more. Not 5 minutes later dumb dumb walks right back out where he was before and stares as me as I stand up shoulder the gun and drill him.

#2 2 years ago the wife and I are sitting in a little home made hunting blind (think lemonade stand) and we'd been watching a few deer walking and trotting threw but none would stop long enough for a good shot. Then she taps me in the leg and excitedly whisper "honey deer" this little spike walks about 5 yards behind us and get about 25 yards in front of us and I drill him and he drops drt. Didn't even know we were around.

#3 and 4
    Thanksgiving evening last year we decide to go hunting for a bit. Wife has the 243 axis I've got my flcp-sr. We walk down to the Lemonade stand and as we pass into the clearing to head over hill we see 2 deer about 150 yards down hill. She gets a bead on the leader I bring my rifle up to try and sight on the one in the back and can't get steady so I take a knee, they bolt. We walk down to the stand and sit down. About 45 minutes later here they come walking and munching. She drops the front deer and the back one jumps and takes about 10 steps back and turns looking at the other one. So I bring my rifle around and I'm watching him, didn't see any rack so I'm trying for a headshot to save meat but the deer keeps twitching around so I bring the crosshair down to right behind the shoulder and boom. I think he was waiting for his sweetie to get back up.

Then again my buddy the same year I got the spike dropped to doe and a fawn in about 5 minutes

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12