Thread: Leupold vx3i

Basic Member

Leupold vx3i

I am going to buy a new scope for my muzzleloader and was looking at the leupold vx3i series. I have a couple of vx3 scopes on my deer rifles. Are the vx3i the same glass as the old vx3? Price of the vx3i is a fair bit cheaper up here so I am wondering and I was wondering what the differences are

According to some, the difference is the VX3i has better light transmission then the old VX3... they also apparently changed the finish on the VX3i and limited the amount of available options in the line... not sure why the price drop, unless it's because the other scope makers out there are "breathing down Leupold's neck"... And the quality of the scopes those other makers produce is narrowing the gap. People are realizing that you don't have to pay Leupold prices to get a good optic anymore...

Same glass quality, but updated lens coatings and lens edge treatment for better low light performance and reduce possibility of internal glare.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain