Bought my 13 yr old son a axis 7mm-08 youth rifle with 20 in bbl for his upcoming pig hunt

mounted a vortex diamondback 4x12x40 mil dot scope on it and took it to the range to sight in

only thing i have have done to the rifle so far is install a lighter trigger spring other than that the rifles bone stock

here in central ca we are limited to lead free ammo for big game hunting so lead free is my only option for this rifle

got the rifle ore sighted and on paper in around 4 rounds and let the barell cool down to start testing ammo

i shot three different types of ammo in it and the best group I have been able to print is about 2-1/2 inches at lazered 100
Yds
two were factory loads and one was a handload using the 120 gr Barnes Tsx in new Winchester brass

hornady full boar 139 gr ammo shot around 3 in groups

barnes 120 gr vor Tsx shot about 2-3/4 in groups

and my handload using 43 gr of varget shot about 2-1/2 in groups

I'm thinking this can't possibly be the normal for a axis rifle could it ??

I mean I have an axis in .223 and it shoots nickel size groups at 100 with the Tsx so I'm sure there's something going on with it !!

I did clean the barell and check the action screws before shooting the rifle also re checked after shooting along with scope rings and mounts

anything I'm missing ?? Shot all rounds off a bench with Caldwell rock shooting rest and rear sandbag but also tried it in my lead sled with same results

any ideas on what to try next ?? It would really suck if my son missed a 100 yd shot on his pig due to an inaccurate rifle

thanks for any info /ideas I have one more trip to the range this weekend to get it shooting or we're going to the backup rifle (tikka t3 .243 with Swarovski z3 scope )

divr6347