First of all this is my first real post on the board, have been reading on here for quite a while, finally needed to join. So I picked up a 10 BA Stealth in .308 the other day since Savage is doing a $150 rebate on them at the moment, and I have always wanted to tinker with a savge, the simple barrel swaps have always intrigued me. My plan is to swap to 300 Wsm, and I had a few questions if anyone would like to chime in.

First off off is the barrel, do I get the factory .308 tube rechambered to 300 wsm, or find a factory take off, or just order a pre fit? Also do I have a small or large shank action, I thought I had read that all the stealths are large shank?

Second, for the bolt head I know I need a magnum push feed set up, if I order one from ptg will I still have to mess with firing pin diameter and protrusion issues?

Third, has anyone used either the Alpha or Accurate wsm magazines? I believe the alpha is a double stack set up, and the accurate is a single stack, is either one of lesser quality? These aics mags are exspensive, and I don't want to have to keep ordering replacements.

If anyone base some input it is greatly appreciated.