Thread: 1999 model 12 FV in.223

1999 model 12 FV in.223

Well I have poked around for hours. And I am well informed about todays rifles,but Istill have questions about my own rifle.Here they are:
    The stock is plastic but not flimsy.But it's plastic.So which one of the Boyd's stocks will work. I would ask them but their website sucks and is down for maintenance.
    Con I put the big nob bolt handle on?
    It says 223 but can I shoot 556?
    No accu trigger but the current trigger has been adjusted down to a " hair" .It's scary. And the safety won't engage.
    No problem feeding one at a time ,but the blind magazine functions great also.How do I unload this thing at the range for the cease fate?

Quote Originally Posted by 12vesrepper View Post
    Well I have poked around for hours. And I am well informed about todays rifles,but Istill have questions about my own rifle.Here they are:
    The stock is plastic but not flimsy.But it's plastic.So which one of the Boyd's stocks will work. I would ask them but their website sucks and is down for maintenance.
    Con I put the big nob bolt handle on?
    It says 223 but can I shoot 556?
    No accu trigger but the current trigger has been adjusted down to a " hair" .It's scary. And the safety won't engage.
    No problem feeding one at a time ,but the blind magazine functions great also.How do I unload this thing at the range for the cease fate?
    1. What you have is a staggered-feed flat-top with 4.275" screw spacing, so you need a matching stock.
    When going through the Boyds site, select the following from the drop-down menu's:

• Savage
    • 10 Top Bolt Release (11, 12 or 16 Top Bolt Release will work for you as well)
    • Short Action, Staggered Feed, Blind Magazine (for sporter barrel; add Bull to end for heavy barrel channel)

2. Yes to the bolt handle

3. Yes to 5.56

4. Trigger and safety need adjusted - I know there's instructions how to do the safety somewhere around here so hopefully someone has them saved and will share.

5. Unloading you have to cycle the rounds through the gun. You should have a 3-position safety - the middle position (covers half the red dot) locks the trigger but still allows you to work the bolt to unload.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Thanks.You guys are as great as the gun!I wanted my name to be 12vestepper but I can't type or check well. So now I am 12vesrepper, So be it.