Looking for suggestions and/or advice from anyone who has converted a single shot 22LR into a magazine repeater.

I'm still thinking this through, so bare with me on this. I've had a Lakefield 91T barreled action around the shop for about 20 years now. I've test fired it a few time using vise blocks as a "stock" and it seems to be a fairly nice and accurate 22LR. So, I've been thinking about my options for what to do with it.

1.) Obviously, I could just put it up on Gunbroker and sell it off.... but where would the fun be in that? :)

2.) Simply make a stock for it and leave it as a single shot. About as useful around the farm as the Anschutz 1903 single shot I already have.

3.) Mill the underside of the receiver to allow a magazine to pass through, then figure out how to adapt Savage MkI/MkII/??? magazine hardware to the receiver.

Option 3 is what I'm exploring now, just due to the striking similarity between the Lakefield and Savage designs (yes, I understand Savage acquired Lakefield, so there is a family history knocking around in there.)

So, has anyone milled out their single shot and converted it to a magazine feed? If so, how did you do it and how did it work out?