Thread: Mark 2 accutrigger

Basic Member

Mark 2 accutrigger

Hi guys,
    Can anyone tell me if there is a difference in quality between the accutrigger on the mark 2 and savages centrefire rifles?. I have 2 savages, a mark 2 in .22lr and a BA stealth in 308. I love the trigger on the 308 but the .22 feels terrible in comparison. I'm considering getting rid of it ( the trigger). Any thoughts on a match quality aftermarket trigger for the mark 2 ?

Totally different designs. I think Rifle Basix is the only one left offering a replacement trigger, or you could try the Apache Trigger Kit that modifies the factory AccuTrigger.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Thanks mr furious

Gunwerks sells a "target"accutrigger spring for $7.00 . As for the rest of it just spray it clean of whatever gunk is on it and let it dry then do it again. Then get a snap cap and dry fire a couple of hundred times . Then clean again. Sometime during this process it will either become acceptable or you will grow used to it and all will be fine.

Think you meant to say Gun Shack, and if so that spring is for the centerfires, not the rimfires.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by MrFurious View Post
    Think you meant to say Gun Shack, and if so that spring is for the centerfires, not the rimfires.
    The center fire target spring will work just fine in the rimfire accutrigger. I have the target spring in my 93, as low as I can get is 1.75 pound and get the occasional blade lock maybe once every 100 rounds. Anything lower the blade will lock often. I ordered the Apachee Trigger kit to get 1.5 pounds, haven't got a chance to install it yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Runt View Post
    The center fire target spring will work just fine in the rimfire accutrigger. I have the target spring in my 93, as low as I can get is 1.75 pound and get the occasional blade lock maybe once every 100 rounds. Anything lower the blade will lock often. I ordered the Apachee Trigger kit to get 1.5 pounds, haven't got a chance to install it yet.

How far was it before the spring???Thinking of tweaking my 93-17HMR like you said...Thanks
    Perpetual Optimism is a force Multiplier....

Quote Originally Posted by penna shooter View Post
    How far was it before the spring???Thinking of tweaking my 93-17HMR like you said...Thanks
    I didn't have my trigger pull gauge at the time. I used my bow scale with a plastic tie and it was breaking around 2.5 pounds. I never fired it with factory spring in it. I could probably give it a slight turn and solve the blade lock up. I have the target spring in my 308 and its about 1.5 pounds with no lock up and my brother's about the same, he need's to tweak his a tiny bit.

What I'm calling blade lock up is whrn the safety blade won't engage/move at all. The target spring is worth the money IMO. From what I experienced with it it'll vary from rifle to rifle on pounds at lowest setting for the safety blade to work properly. If you plan on buying more or already own Savage's I would order a couple extra's. I'm getting ready to buy a Mark 2 BTVS to match my 17 and it'll end up with an Apachee kit if the target spring don't go low enough to match my 17.