So I have a 12FV in 223 and picked up one in 308 last spring with plans to shoot it and maybe later convert it to 6.5 or similar. Summer is the busy season for work and I never got around to shooting it, as things slow down I wandered over here and saw that the 12FV is now available in 6.5, if I had caught the sale that ended last month I probably would have ordered on in 6.5. Now however I am debating if I should wait and see if there is another sale or black Friday deal before the rebate ends, or just take the money I would put into another rifle (even at the ridiculous sale price) and get a quality 6/6.5 barrel (for the cost of the rifle and selling the stock barrel I should be able to get something nice).

So through typing this out it seems like I have talked myself into just sticking with the one I have and doing some work to it vs getting another rifle (means another scope etc too and I don't see myself shooting both). Are there factors why you think I shouldn't do this?

Finally when it comes to selling the barrel, is it better to leave it unfired or would running 100 ish rounds through it make a difference?