I have dad's Model 24, which was his favorite gun. Date code C, 1951, .22/.410, which coincides with when he said it was purchased new. He used it for small game and varmints, as well as quail & pheasant until he bought a 12 gauge about 3 years later. Dad quit hunting around 1960, when my baby sister was born. With 4 kids and 12+ hour days directing B-52 repairs there was no time for hunting. The gun sat neglected for 40 years. The gun has spent 18 years in my safe, and I am now motivated to return it to firing condition.

Two concerns. First is the selector button, old style, pops out about 1/32” when moved. Visual inspection of the selector reveals no damage, and it appears to be attached to the button. I don't know if this is a concern and would appreciate some input.

Second concern is the forward trigger guard screw is loose. It appears the only way to tighten is with a complete disassembly of the frame. I found a video for installing the mainspring, but haven't located instructions for stripping the frame.

Thanks.