Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jim @ Apache

Jim @ Apache

Hi,
    Anyone been able to get ahold of him lately?
    Been emailing and sending private messages for weeks.

Banned
    Look up Lonewolf on the site.

He lives close and has been able to get results.

Quote Originally Posted by doubletapt View Post
    Been emailing and sending private messages for weeks.
    Small operation large demand.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Good Luck.
    He's had my money since February 2016. Yes, twenty months, and still no barrel.
    I posted regarding this last spring, and Lonewolf immediately offered his help, getting in touch with Jim.
    His daughter was in an accident this summer, and thankfully is on her way to a good recovery. This of course deserved all his attention -as it should.
    He last emailed on August 7 that my barrel would be among the first he would complete once he was back in operation.
    His website states he is now taking new orders.
    He continues to advertise custom barrels on eBay, stating: "The barrel will be completed in 3-5 business days".
    I emailed him again this week; will post when I receive a reply.

Banned
    As much as I sympathize with someone who has problems, I would never recommend Apache to anyone.

This has been an ongoing issue unfortunately. I know Robinhood feels totally different, and its a shame he is a Sponsor and I think they deserve our support.

We also deserve good service and the lack of that is an ongoing MO for a lot of posters.

He did respond to me, and stated the same.
    Things got mixed up when his daughter was injured and he found my invoice.
    But no reply when it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by RC20 View Post
    As much as I sympathize with someone who has problems, I would never recommend Apache to anyone. This has been an ongoing issue unfortunately. I know Robinhood feels totally different, and its a shame he is a Sponsor and I think they deserve our support. We also deserve good service and the lack of that is an ongoing MO for a lot of posters.
    Thanks RC20, I am proud that I stand behind someone who has been good to me. I am no fair weather friend or customer. I support the guy who tries to provide a good service at a good price. I know where Jim came from and I know what he is trying and has tried to do. So, when that guy trips or gets tripped trying to do a good thing, I'll have their back. Sometimes people loose sight of reality and what is really important. They get caught up with themselves and their self importance. Often they feel they have the right to say damaging things even If their only source of information is a couple of folks airing out their issues on public forums. They will just regurgitate what they have heard on a post and form opinions as if those posters are their most trusted information source. I am sorry that there are people out there that have still not resolved their issues with Apache. It would surprise me if there was not an effort made by Jim to resolve the problem. Jim has made many Savage shooters very happy with his product. We only hear from the unhappy ones...........and maybe a few guys that try to spread nasty rumors. Thanks for the props RC20 I will take that as a complement even if it was subtle and contrived. Cheers .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Don't know anything about these people are that are only trying to spread rumors. I have only stated facts.
    There is a clear email record of all the exchanges and attempts at communication.
    My initial post a few months back on this issue was made only because I couldn't get any response for many months from Jim, either from email or his website PM, and was trying to find out if he was actually still in business.
    There are certainly a number of people here who are very happy with Apachegunworks; this is exactly what prompted me to order from Jim.
    No one more than me would like to say that I am also happy with the barrel I received from Apache.

Reality: I paid in full for a barrel in February 2016. Jim said it would be a couple of months.
    Twenty months later, after many communications and statements of good intent from Jim: still no barrel.

Not trying to start an argument, I understand things can happen. I just want to know if my money will be held for two years and then not deliver a barrel. At one point I told Apache not to rush because I understood something was happening in his life. I get that but an ETA would be nice.

Basic Member
    Jim will get this crap figured out and get everyone taken care. There will, undoubtedly, be some stragglers pop up. It's a shame. He's been thru hell. I, too, wish unsolicited comments/"nonrecommendations" from the peanut gallery would stop.

Basic Member
    I just got ahold of Jim myself 2weeks ago and placed an order for a 338-06 barrel, he said it should be finished in a month or so. Ive had him build two barrels for me and one for my brother and have had nothing but GREAT customer service and barrel work. These barrels can SHOOT.

Banned
    From what I can gather, RH and Foxx feel that a stranded customer is fine, you should just suck it up?

If they put that in their support, he is great but has issues, we like dealing with him, that's full disclosure.

So, when someone asks about Apache we should just say its wonderful despite a number of reports its not? Same reports that occurred before the crisis.

I try not to lie to people and when asked in a forum, failing to list information is a form of lying I believe.

Telling someone its just wonderful when that is not always true is certainly a lie.

Basic Member
    No one asked for a reccomendation or critique, or even your insight, RC. You know nothi g about his problems before or after his daughter's accident. All you know is what you've read and, accurate or not, its not the whole story. Jim has been forthright here and on his own website. There is no need for you to jump in at the mere mention of his name and offer your opinions. Again, the OP asked if anyone has been in contact with him lately, NOT whether you or anyone else here might reccomend doing business with him.

Team Savage
    I agree with Foxx !!!!!!!

Banned
    I took it as an open discussion.

Apparently two people have decided that they are the end all and be all on that subject.

I have asked Mr. Furious for a clarification on how to handle it.

I think you all just need to grow up and act like adults rather than bickering back and forth like a bunch of first graders, but what the hell do I know.

RC20 = You don't deal with Jim, that's your choice. You've made your view of him and his business plenty clear in dozens of posts over the last year or two. We get it - you can stop now.

RH and Foxx = You guys do business with Jim and like the results. You've also made your views of his and his business plenty clear in dozens of posts over the last several years. You can stop now as well.

Or....

If you all want to continue this petty nonsense (on this subject or any other since you three clearly can't play well together) I'll just do this forum a favor and boot all of you so none of use have to put up with it anymore.

Clear enough for ya'll?
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Jim will advise as he sees fit. I am asking you to follow Judeo-christian ethics and not gossip about him or go out of your way to harm his reputation. Read, "Thou shall not kill".

Basic Member
    Agree with Fox myself. Doubletapt asked if anyone had heard from jim and I gave him the info he was asking for, he didnt ask about his integrity but from my own personal honesty ive had nothing but good come from Jim. Sounds like you are trying to start something that was never even meant to be started RC!

Banned
    Well first of all I am not Christian. I didn't know it was a requirement on this forum. I will re-check the facts.

The purpose of a forum is not to be a good old boy network, its to give people who want information as accurate information as possible so they can make a choice and a decision.

Withholding facts may be a Judeo Christian value, its not mine.

Unless Mr. Furious boots me for this reply, if someone asks about Apache I will give them an honest assessment.

If someone comments about lack of service I will refrain. I think its in keeping with the discussion but Mr. Furious is in the mode of everyone is being bad and I will punish all of you.

He has that right and is in the position to do so.

And let me be clear. I have nothing personal against Apache nor do I have anything personal for him.

He is a supplier of a service. If I know someone does not deliver or is iffy, I do not deal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by RC20 View Post
    I think its in keeping with the discussion but Mr. Furious is in the mode of everyone is being bad and I will punish all of you.
    No, I'm in the mode of being sick and tired of having to deal with this petty B.S. around here, and if you're one of those perpetuating said B.S. and you continue to do so I'm going to put an end to it because I've got better things to do than play nanny to a couple of grown men.

Either stop deliberately antagonizing and pushing each others buttons or I'll push my button and give each of you a week or two vacation from the site to think about it.
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

I'm sure Jim is a stand up guy and is doing his best.
    Just want an ETA and to know I won't be left with a gun in pieces for a year. He told me that it would be sent out shortly right when I ordered it.
    I'm sure he is cranking out barrels trying to catch up instead of responding to PM's and emails.

Apologies to the original poster here as this thread should have never taken the turn it did. The behavior exhibited here is exactly why we have the policy we have regarding vendor bashing and is why we have a read-only vendor feedback board.

Unfortunately some people can't refrain from airing their opinion every time someone's name comes up, even when said opinion was never asked for. Then in response several others always feel compelled to chime in to defend that business or person. It's something we have had to deal with concerning several different businesses for the last 10 years or so. This particular issue regarding Apache with these individuals has been going on for roughly a year and a half now and on more than one occasion I have fielded PM's or emails from each of the parties involved complaining about one of the other parties. Frankly I've grown tired of having to constantly calm the waters between these individuals - hence my somewhat colorful tone in my previous response.

One such party chose not to heed my warning and sent me a PM last night questioning my authority, character and integrity as a moderator, claiming I was taking sides and I was wanting to perpetuate false information and so forth. I think it was pretty plain and clear in my last post in this thread that I wasn't taking sides and would hold all parties equally accountable if the behavior persisted. Well, he chose to persist in said PM and now he's gone - not for his position or anything he said about Apache, but because of his own stubborn and persistent behavior.

It's petty stuff like this that has driven many good members away from this site in recent years and it ends now. I don't care if you're a paid member or not, nor do I care if you've been a member for a week or a decade. I'm not going to tolerate this kind of pettiness anymore.

Well, he chose to persist in said PM and now he's gone
    Oops!

Anyone know what brand/brands of barrels Jim uses at Apache?

Believe Green Mountain and X-Caliber are the two predominant brands he uses.

I'm fine, I don't think any harm was done.
    Just looking for an ETA so I can plan accordingly.
    Have my rifle in pieces, should I buy a barrel elsewhere or is Jim going to get to mine in a reasonable time?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast