Thread: .260 AI Max Case Length

.260 AI Max Case Length

Does anyone have the .260rem AI Max Case Length and Trim Length?

I did the google thing and could not locate the info.
    Welcome to my home.....FYI..... That locked door you kicked down was for your protection.... not mine!!

Basic Member
    You can probably find that in any good loading manual like a Sierra manual.
    Also, since there is some variation in chambers, you can go to Sinclair and get a small device to accurately measure the trim length of your particular gun.
    It would require cutting away about half of the neck of a case, install the device in the case, then close the bolt on that case for the exact length.
    They are caliber specific, so it would also work for other guns of that caliber by using the proper case.

I have looked in Sierra, Hornady, Speer, Lyman 49th reloading manual, LEE Second edition, Vihtavuori 2015 edition and none list the .260ai at all.

I have a bunch of the Sinclair chamber length gauge's, will have to see if I have one for 260

Thanks for your input....
    Welcome to my home.....FYI..... That locked door you kicked down was for your protection.... not mine!!

Basic Member

I googled 260 AI and this came up. The source i Savage Shooters, so it is somewhere in this site.

Rodney thanks for the info. I did see that also on Google but questioned the 1.892... seemed really short compared to the brass I have on hand which is 2.032

I just ordered the correct Sinclair chamber length gauge so next week when it arrives I will have a better understanding of what I have

Thanks again for the response!

Basic Member
    I would imagine it is the same as the .260 rem.
    Why does it matter?

I reload for about 10+ different cartridges and 4 of my rifles are 260 and and another 4 260AI. I have never even looked at what the max case length or trim length is on ANY cartridge I reload for. I know I can look at the manual and find it for the traditional cartridges, but I don't pay any attention. I record in my loading log book what case length I trim to, and note what seems to work best, but can not imagine any reason to know what is considered the LONGEST I could let it grow to. It's not as if they get more accurate the longer I let them grow to. Trim them to a certain length and stick to it. Consistency of length is what matters, (as long as you are within the correct range of extreme limits). And the 260 AI is nothing but a standard 260 with a different should dimension. Measure all of your cases and trim the long ones to the same dimension of your shortest one. Unless you happen to have one odd-ball short one, of course.

It's easy to measure one's chamber to know the EXACT max... I let the brass grow to withing 0.010" of the chambers neck end.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...modified-case/