Two years ago I purchased a Savage Model 11 Trophy Hunter XP package rifle from one of the big box outdoors stores. Tupperware stock, Nikon ProStaff scope, etc. I like the gun and want to upgrade the stock to a Boyds.

My gunsmith (who I haven't been able to reach for a year and a half) had a "modern scout" project he was working on back then based on a Savage rifle. He had purchased a bottom metal that enabled him to mate a metal magazine/catch/trigger guard assembly with the action he had, which was much better than the odd plastic-bottomed magazine he and I's guns both come with.

This is apparently the part he used, but I can't reach the link. Copying here in case someone knows what it is.
http://store.savagearms.com/frame-as...e-nbr-dbm.html

Basically I'm looking to put my 11 in a Boyd's stock and I need a bottom metal for it. The existing gun has that molded in "bottom metal." I want a detachable magazine like it already has, but I'd rather it be the nicer metal one he was using above instead of the annoying plastic thing. The mag and all was metal and it had a grooved T-shaped catch instead of the plastic tab. Worked well.

Anyone with knowledge of these rifles know what piece I need to get and where I can get it? I'm just going to do it myself.

EDIT: This is what it looked like...