Thread: Ruger MK2 10" Barrel

Team Savage

Ruger MK2 10" Barrel

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2091.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	3831

I found a new unfired Ruger MK2 10 inch barrel, been looking years for one….whenever I found one I couldn't fine the money, money and gun finally came together.

Good find
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

You're going to really like it. With iron sights, it actually balances very well, and the long sight radius contributes a lot to better hits.
    I have one in Stainless; with a 4x scope and bags, I've fired more than a few one inch ten shot groups at 100 yards, using -believe it or not, one lot of Remington Thunderbolt ammo.
    No idea why, except a couple other different lots of Thunderbolt will only stay around three inches at 100. Sad; I'm down to only a few bricks of the good lot.

Team Savage
    I took a Weaver base/scope mount and red dot scope off of another ruger to see how it look and shoots.

Name:	CFC57AF1-A19A-4C91-B8B1-C190D9BF8496.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	4073Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D0C36EAE-8690-408E-B16F-9C40936B69CA.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	161.4 KB 
ID:	4074

Really like my Mk III Hunter with 6-3/4" barrel and Bushnell TRS-25 red-dot even though i never seem to take it out and shoot it anymore.

Name:	IMG_1278.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	4079
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Team Savage
    Good looking handgun, love those Ruger, I got the same pistol it shoots the cheap Blazer ammo well. Have you tried one of the new one-button takedown Ruger. I’ve heard guys talk about how hard the Ruger are to takedown I never had any problems with them.

Haven't tried a Mark IV. Always my dumb luck, a year after I finally broke down and bought a Mark III they come out with a new model that's much easier to take down. lol Only takedown issue I have with mine is getting that damn hammer strut sometimes getting hung up behind the cross pin when I don't pay it proper attention. That and I happened to get one that's really tight so I usually have to expel a few curse words to get the frame and barrel apart or back together.