Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    You're entitled to believe whatever you want to believe, that's your right, but don't come on here attacking others just because they don't agree with you. Keep that up and you'll find yourself locked out in short order.
    And belief is not the path to truth. The facts are.

Glad I don't live in that scary world run by conspiracies.

I'm sure the latest is that the climate is being manipulated with spooky HARP waves and atmosphere spraying so we'll be dependent on the (Insert Secret Organization Here) for drinking water and gluten free wheat.
    "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance." Last words of Gen. Sedgwik

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yobuck View Post
    Well I'm probably one of the few here who were alive as an adult when the Kennedy assassination took place.
    I can vividly remember the day and exactly where i was when the news came.
    I personally never doubted that one man was capable of the act, given the location he chose.
    The long investigation never proved another shooter was involved, as many have thought.
    I also believe that a single shooter could have been responsible for the recent carnage in Las Vegas, given the nature of his arsenal.
    The conspiracy aspect is a totally different issue, and one which many of us aren't really willing to admit possible in this country.
    But it has been a major problem here since the days of our founding.
    Can there be any doubt that were seeing it now play out right before our eyes?
    I agree and if you look at it from a purely statistical standpoint it is inevitable that that type of subversion will occur it is always happen before and it will never cease to happen as long as corruptible mankind is who is in charge

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpkiller View Post
    And belief is not the path to truth. The facts are.

Glad I don't live in that scary world run by conspiracies.

I'm sure the latest is that the climate is being manipulated with spooky HARP waves and atmosphere spraying so we'll be dependent on the (Insert Secret Organization Here) for drinking water and gluten free wheat.
    I have to disagree with you there when you say facts are the path the truth because in today's world the facts more times than not are not the facts their numbers twisted so they will support whatever agenda someone has the only true path to truth is Christ

Facts are facts. If they are interpreted wrong that is another matter. A "fact" is something that exists or has happened. You might have to make a decision without enough of them, or with something you believe to be a fact that is not. We get into trouble when we make assumptions about non-factual events as having happened. That is fiction.

We won't get into faith because that is, by definition, belief without facts. It wouldn't need to be faith, otherwise. That would be proof.

Basic Member
    Facts are facts. If they are interpreted wrong that is another matter. A "fact" is something that exists or has happened. You might have to make a decision without enough of them, or with something you believe to be a fact that is not. We get into trouble when we make assumptions about non-factual events as having happened. That is fiction.

We won't get into faith because that is, by definition, belief without facts. It wouldn't need to be faith, otherwise. That would be proof.
    The problem starts with where do people get their so called "facts"... CNN? Pmsnbc, fox, the guardian, snopes or any other source you can think of? The fact IS, 90% of the time, the things people want to call facts are nothing more than anothers version of the so called facts. What are the "facts" on the Vegas shooting? The "fact" is you have no idea unless you were there and even at that you would only have the small piece that you witnessed.

I totally agree with that.

I have served on juries and grand juries over the years and facts were few and far between in those trials. But when you put them together the patterns start to form.

That's why I try not to "jump to conclusions" from the media reporting.

I also used to be a city comptroller and after being misquoted and having snippets of conversation arranged creatively multiple times I stopped talking to the press. They sensationalize anything to draw attention and sell papers and ads.

Basic Member
    I totally agree with that.

I have served on juries and grand juries over the years and facts were few and far between in those trials. But when you put them together the patterns start to form.

That's why I try not to "jump to conclusions" from the media reporting.

I also used to be a city comptroller and after being misquoted and having snippets of conversation arranged creatively multiple times I stopped talking to the press. They sensationalize anything to draw attention and sell papers and ads.
    Amen.. I don't trust anything I see or hear on the news or tv, I find it wise at times to question what even what i see.

Quote Originally Posted by Banana Juice View Post
    Enough time has passed that I can say this with certainty......

If you think this was not a deep state inside job, you need your head examined.

The whole thing reeks of conspiracy and cover-up.

This will go down in history as something akin to the Kennedy assassination or 9-11.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Ummmmm....... maybe you need to re-read everything above and tell me again who attacked who.......

No, but maybe you do.

You're the one that resurrected this thread which had been inactive for two and a half months simply to express your conspiracy theory. In the process claim that anyone who doesn't agree with you should have their head examined - basically insinuating we're all mental if we don't see things your way.

Naturally someone (Stumpkiller) responded in like fashion as that's typically what happens when you cast the first stone - you get one thrown right back at you.

So as I said, you're entitled to believe whatever you want but insults and/or personal attacks will not be tolerated.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    No, but maybe you do.

You're the one that resurrected this thread which had been inactive for two and a half months simply to express your conspiracy theory. In the process claim that anyone who doesn't agree with you should have their head examined - basically insinuating we're all mental if we don't see things your way.

Naturally someone (Stumpkiller) responded in like fashion as that's typically what happens when you cast the first stone - you get one thrown right back at you.

So as I said, you're entitled to believe whatever you want but insults and/or personal attacks will not be tolerated.
    Wow...... You sound awfully sensitive for a guy in a gun forum.

No, we just have rules here and those rules are enforced.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Ok, I did my own research, I'm on board now.

Here's what I learned. The chemtrails told him to do it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
    Ok, I did my own research, I'm on board now.

Here's what I learned. The chemtrails told him to do it.
    Oh??? Your research told you that, did it?? You need to find better sources, little boy.

Basic Member
    Oh??? Your research told you that, did it?? You need to find better sources, little boy.

Well that seems to be a big part of the issue dosent it?
    We seem to gravitate to the sources that best suit our individual mindset.
    Fact is that none of those sources are totally reliable for not having biases of their own.
    Power, followed by money, then religion, have been the driving forces for corruption thruout history.
    Remove those things, and whats left other than sanity?
    Most of the corruption that has, and is taking place in this country at least,is as a result of power and money.
    Even the political divide is mostly due to power and money.
    I have problems associating incidents like the Las Vegas shooting with that, therefore whats left, other than wait for the investigation to
    take it's coarse.
    Things could always be better, and hopefully they will be, but bottom line is is there another place in the world we would rather be?
    And if there is, what's stopping us?

Basic Member
    Fact is that none of those sources are totally reliable for not having biases of their own.
    Power, followed by money, then religion, have been the driving forces for corruption thruout history.
    Most of the corruption that has, and is taking place in this country at least,is as a result of power and money.
    I have problems associating incidents like the Las Vegas shooting with that, therefore whats left, other than wait for the investigation to
    take it's coarse.
    Things could always be better, and hopefully they will be, but bottom line is is there another place in the world we would rather be?
    I agree in part with what you are saying but I don't believe that power money and religion are the driving force I believe those things are mere tools that the forces behind this used to manipulate people. That being said when we listen two media or whatever Source we use not having witnessed the events our self we are basing our beliefs on faith and what we are hearing or what we choose to hear so in that regards I choose to put my faith in Christ.

Basic Member
    take it's coarse.
    100% spot-on, sir, and well said. People generally don't like to accept things that are not within their comfort zone. Unfortunately, we do not get to pick and choose what reality throws at us. Our only real choice is how we deal with it. Some folks choose to take things head-on, while the majority sticks their heads in the sand.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted_Feasel View Post
    I agree in part with what you are saying but I don't believe that power money and religion are the driving force I believe those things are mere tools that the forces behind this used to manipulate people. That being said when we listen two media or whatever Source we use not having witnessed the events our self we are basing our beliefs on faith and what we are hearing or what we choose to hear so in that regards I choose to put my faith in Christ.

Nothing at all wrong with that either. More G-O-D in our lives is undoubtedly a good thing, regardless of what the issue is we are discussing. Used properly, the guidance He gives can be the most powerful weapon against the evil that is afoot in the world. Thank you for reminding us of that.

Basic Member
    Nothing at all wrong with that either. More G-O-D in our lives is undoubtedly a good thing, regardless of what the issue is we are discussing. Used properly, the guidance He gives can be the most powerful weapon against the evil that is afoot in the world. Thank you for reminding us of that.

Thank you :) that is one of the many things our creator is tasked his followers with is to constantly comfort and remind each other that ultimately he is in control

Oswald was the lone shooter.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted_Feasel View Post
    Thank you :) that is one of the many things our creator is tasked his followers with is to constantly comfort and remind each other that ultimately he is in control

But also remember if your boats leaking, best row toward shore as fast as you can.
    Because it could be argued, that's why he gave us a mind, and the oars to do that with.

Basic Member
    But also remember if your boats leaking, best row toward shore as fast as you can.
    Because it could be argued, that's why he gave us a mind, and the oars to do that with.
    Can't disagree with that :)

I read it on the internet, and it wasn't reported in the mainstream media, so it must be true.

Basic Member
    I read it on the internet, and it wasn't reported in the mainstream media, so it must be true.
    Completely asinine statement.

But this is exactly the way you are coming off to people. Telling them that you have access to the truth and that everything the mainstream media is a lie.

Furthermore, you have done nothing but argue, providing no proof or substantiating evidence. You've mentioned some ideas that have a weak relationship to each other, but correlation does not equal causation.

I'm a pretty firm believer in the Law of Parsimony- a principle according to which an explanation of a thing or event is made with the fewest possible assumptions.

Basic Member
    But this is exactly the way you are coming off to people. Telling them that you have access to the truth and that everything the mainstream media is a lie.

Furthermore, you have done nothing but argue, providing no proof or substantiating evidence. You've mentioned some ideas that have a weak relationship to each other, but correlation does not equal causation.

I'm a pretty firm believer in the Law of Parsimony- a principle according to which an explanation of a thing or event is made with the fewest possible assumptions.
    I'm going to play devils advocate for a moment.
    For anyone to say they know what happened or even have a remote concept of the facts on anything they didn't witness with their own eyes is... well, frankly it's insane. Lamestream media is well known to be more worried about shaping opinions than reporting the facts for people to draw their own conclusions. Even if someone was a room above the shooter looking down and watching, they still have only a very tiny fraction of the facts and truth of the whole picture. 95 percent of what any of us base our opinions on adds up to what would or could be defined as faith based information... they are going on what they believe rather than 100 percent irrefutable evidence. For anyone to poke at anothers idea of what happened is just as invalid as the next.

Even if you had seen it with your own eyes - the human brain fills in a lot and will interpret visual events that may not be accurate.

I saw a gun in his hands - no, you thought you saw a gun in his hands.

I swear it had antlers when I shot - no, you wanted to see antlers so badly your brain put them there for you. (Or the even sadder - I thought he was a deer)

I saw a ghost - no, you saw something your brain interpreted as a ghost

etc., etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast