Thread: Final Standings from the Virginia Precision Rifle Clubs "Rifleman's Revival" Series Finale

Basic Member

Final Standings from the Virginia Precision Rifle Clubs "Rifleman's Revival" Series Finale

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VPRC Finale.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	3793

The PRS Club Series Season is wrapping up quickly with only a couple matches left before the South Eastern Regional Finale Match. Over the last weekend I was fortunate enough to shoot in the "Rifleman's Revival" Hosted by Reasor Precision Solutions in support of the Virginia Precision Rifle Clubs Season Finale match. I have been in the hunt all year long for a podium finish as this location is one of the toughest matches to shoot in as it's one of the only Clubs with capability to shoot out to 1200yds. With many of the 60 top shooters from the region/club participating I knew all day long that every point was going to be a place at the top. For 7 of the 8 stages I manage to shoot between 75-100% of the points possible. However I had 1 stage that I stepped up to before I had prepared my mental game plan and only managed 1 point on the stage....

What I didn't realize is that I was actually winning the match by 3 points at that time! Unfortunately, the stage I had my mental fart on was the stage that my buddy Matt went into with a full head of steam. The stage had 3 targets. 2 shots at 940yds on a 66% IPSC, 2 shots on a 66% IPSC at 995yds, and a Spinner at 370yds. The key with the spinner was you got 1 point for hitting it, but 4 points in addition for spinning the spinner. No one had done it all day until Matt got up there. As soon as I heard the spinner went over I knew the outcome of the match in my gut.... I just never realized it was by 1 point until they called out the scores and handed out the trophies! I'm more than happy with my 2nd place finish at this venue. Especially snagging hardware 2 weekends in a row! And as far as Matt goes, there's not too many better guys to get beat by. He probably works harder than I do and his mental game is always leaning forward!

My gear once again ran absolutely flawless! The 6.5x47 is so consistent and dope is right on! I chrono'd my rifle on a range trip Saturday morning before heading to VA and on a 12 shot string I had an SD of 4.5 and ES of 11! I should also state that this match had to blind stages where you couldn't see what was going on and only knowledge was from the 2min 15 secs provided to read over the distances and stage brief/target description!

If you are anywhere near Gretna, VA and are interested in shooting a match. There's probably no better group to shoot with then the guys at VPRC! Every month I go up there is like a family reunion that you actually want to be at!

So, depending on what other matches that happened over the week results were, it looks like this score will jump me up to 15th in the region out of 350 participants this year! Incredibly stoked and going to try and keep the fire going through the season.

Thanks again for reading! I only got 1 stage on video, but haven't got it uploaded yet!

Upcoming Matches:

GAP Grind at K&M 6-8 Oct
    Frontline Defense 21 Nov
    Peace Maker National Training Center 4-5 Nov (Possibly)
    PRS Club Series Finale 18 Nov
    NC vs VA 2 Dec (Fun Rivalry Match just for bragging rights. May become an annual end of season tradition between our 2 clubs)

Basic Member
    Congrats and nice shooting lonewolf. I plan to participate in some of these types of matches next year.

Nice job
    Old Smokey

Basic Member
    This is the one Stage I remembered to record. 5 Targets skewed across three cuts on the hillside across a little valley. Big target transitions and lots of focus on finding targets and establishing natural point of aim! All distances were between 450-650yds.

That is really cool man,, I shot my first prs pro am at Reading University club on September 17th. I learned a lot and did real well (out shot the pro on a few stages. Looking forward to more matches. This was a Mason Dixon group I guess.
    There really is an excuse for everything!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSavage View Post
    That is really cool man,, I shot my first prs pro am at Reading University club on September 17th. I learned a lot and did real well (out shot the pro on a few stages. Looking forward to more matches. This was a Mason Dixon group I guess.
    That's awesome Dan! and best advice is to simply just get out and shoot!