Just thought I would post up my recent experience with imperial dry neck lube.
I really liked the concept of a dry lube and not having the mess of a wet lube. I found this stuff after reading about it online and decided to give it a try. I bought the convenience pack with the pre charged media and the extra refill powder.
I dipped the case necks in the media and worked them around a bit and then proceeded to size some cases I had. They seemed to size with no issue. After sizing a few I noticed what happened. All the case necks were badly scratched. It looks like you took sand paper to them. I have neck sized hundreds of cases with this die without a single problem and no scratches.
I disassemble the die, clean it real good and reassemble. I then switched back to my normal lube and sized a few more cases. Now I get scratches on those cases. The dry lube has caused damage to my die!! Now my die scratches all my cases!! I am not happy about that, now I am going to have to either buy a new die or send it off to be repaired. This has got to be the worst neck lube I have ever used. Just thought I would let people know if they were thinking about using some.
In the picture, the ones on the right are after using the dry neck lube. The ones on the left are after cleaning the die, then switching back to my hornady unique lube. Like mentioned, I have sized hundreds of cases with the same die and lube. Now after sizing 20 cases with the dry lube, it is now scratched.
This is not isolated to this die and caliber. I recently bought a brand new neck sizer for 6.5x55. I bought it at the same time I bought the neck lube. I used this neck lube and sized 20 cases. I then noticed they were scratched badly. I immediately assumed it was the brand new die. I contact RCBS and they tell me to send it to them. I am still waiting to get it back (has only been a week). So with two different dies, two different calibers, both with the same problem and the only thing they have in common is the lube used, it has to be the lube.