Howdy folks,

I had this on lay awake for a few weeks and rescued it from Cabelas last week. For the time being it's wearing a cheap Leapers 3-12x44 scope which I had laying around. Saving up for some decent glass, I'm leaning towards the Burris XTR II 4-20X50.

So this morning I loaded everything into the car and headed to a spot in the desert which is on the way from my house to where my mom lives. Well, I thought I had loaded everything. Turns out that although I had brought the folding table I had forgotten to bring a chair or anything to park my fat butt on while shooting.

So I knelt behind the table to shoot which was pretty awkward, unstable and uncomfortable. I had also forgotten my range finder so I just paced out approximate distances. I fired a couple quick sighters at 25 yards and then moved to about 100 yards and fired 4 groups for a total of 20 shots today. Ammo was Hornady American Gunner 140 gr HPBT.

I think the rifle showed great potential considering the awkward position I was shooting from. The last group was looking good except for the one called flier.

Here's a shot of the rifle :

I'm looking forward to shooting it again and also working up some loads for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk