Thread: 10T-SR Range report

10T-SR Range report

Howdy folks,

I had this on lay awake for a few weeks and rescued it from Cabelas last week. For the time being it's wearing a cheap Leapers 3-12x44 scope which I had laying around. Saving up for some decent glass, I'm leaning towards the Burris XTR II 4-20X50.

So this morning I loaded everything into the car and headed to a spot in the desert which is on the way from my house to where my mom lives. Well, I thought I had loaded everything. Turns out that although I had brought the folding table I had forgotten to bring a chair or anything to park my fat butt on while shooting.

So I knelt behind the table to shoot which was pretty awkward, unstable and uncomfortable. I had also forgotten my range finder so I just paced out approximate distances. I fired a couple quick sighters at 25 yards and then moved to about 100 yards and fired 4 groups for a total of 20 shots today. Ammo was Hornady American Gunner 140 gr HPBT.

I think the rifle showed great potential considering the awkward position I was shooting from. The last group was looking good except for the one called flier.

Here's a shot of the rifle :

I'm looking forward to shooting it again and also working up some loads for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jformeck
    Very nice rifle! I have a model 10T from cabelas I'm 308 in a bell and Carlson medalist stock. Shoots 1/2 mo all day long. Great rifles!

Thanks!

I loaded some test rounds with Varget and 95gr V-max to try out next time. Coyote load

Basic Member
    Your will like the Burris XTR II 4-20x50. I had it on my 10T 308 until I picked up a Savage 110 FCP in 338LM. Its an awesome scope. Put a vortex on it 6-24 on it now. Check out whittaker guns when your ready to order it. They were cheaper than anyone by a couple hundred bucks. I did own a 10T in 6.5CM but sold it to get the 338LM. Enjoy our new rifle.
    Savage 10 FCP-SR 308, 300BO PCS

Looks good man. Especially since you weren't shooting good Match ammo that your rifle likes nor handloads. Not to mention your improvised shooting position.

Your rifle and you did well.

Thanks.

I think I'll be able to get out again on Friday. The chair is already in the car .

I've got some other bullets to try once I convert the factory ammo into brass.

Noice...Solid shooting.
    Perpetual Optimism is a force Multiplier....