First time posting here (or anywhere for that matter). Picked up a Savage 110, 30-06, as donor for a 450 bushmaster build. Some good and some bad so far.
Barrel wrench from Wheeler and Timney trigger worked great. Relieving the stock to accommodate the heavy contour barrel was easier than I thought.

Headspace is an issue. Got Headspace gauges from PTG. Can not get correct adjustment. Either both go and no-go gauges allow bolt to close, or not close. Cannot adjust to the point where go will close and no-go won't. Contacted PTG and waiting for response.

Moving on to magazine, it is a stagger feed, and doesn't even begin to feed right. Magazine is clearly too long for the 450 cartridges, and they often tip down and hit the front of the magazine instead of tipping up to enter the chamber. Once a round is chambered, the bolt catches on the rim of the next cartridge when trying to open the bolt.

Some frustrations so far, so I am hoping someone else has invented this wheel before and can point me in a better direction. Any help you folks can offer will be greatly appreciated.