Wanted to build a short action did some research decided on 284 Winchester
foubd an action and bottom metal for dbm so I purchased them then came more research while I tried to decide on barrel
and stock so decided on B&C M40 well then I would need varmit weight barrel not what I wanted
continued to look at barrel companies and read all threads that I could find on the 284 well then confusion entered the game
action length, magazine length, the rounds coal, problems with coal in short action bullet seating depth to much free jump
yea headaches then I decided on SS 24 in sporter weight barrel from CBI called NSS and he stated that 284 should only be put in long action to be able to use the 175 and 180 gr bullets, explained that I wanted to use 140 and 160 grain only so he tells me that the throat will be a bit long and I wound be able to load out to the lands and groves well my 257 Weatherby has built in free jump part of standard bore and it will shoot .5 MOA
So I ordered the barrel nut and lug from NSS so no looking back now the build will go forward I just hope that the yea it will work just fine guys are correct
and the nay sayers are wrong