Thread: Revelation Model 102

Revelation Model 102

Hello everyone.

I checked the date chart against my serial number and it is dated in the 1981 category (D761XXX). Is that vintage here? It is a Revelation Model 102 Savage Arms single shot rifle. I got it when I was a kid years ago. I have been searching and searching for weeks now and all I have come across is a locked thread on another site with no info or picture but it just said sold is all.

If this is not "Vintage" please accept my sincerest of apologies. I checked the other threads and my gun fit in to none of those series of Savage guns so I thought it might be here.

If anyone could point me in the right direction for information that would be great, or if anyone knows anything about this model. I do not have any good images of it now but can get some tomorrow for sure. The only one I have right now is bad lighting and it is hard to see.

Take care everyone and have a great night!

You're in the right section. I'm not going to be of much help to you as far as detailed info on your rifle goes as I don't know much about the older rimfires. I do know that Revelation was Western Auto's store brand and many companies made firearms for them to sell under that label. Here's a cross-reference chart that might help, but I don't see a Model 102 listed on it.

https://gun-data.com/western_auto_revelation.html
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Hello MrFurious

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking that gun was a Western Auto gun but when looking up information I found the chart you had posted and like you, I did not see the 102 listed either. I was talking to another guy locally about it and he said that gun does not exist or I read the number wrong. I had to physically do a barrel rub with pencil and paper to prove to him I was right. I have only ever seen that exact model # listed once before and it was on some other random website with no pics or nothing. Just a simple post that said "Sold. Please close thread" or something like that.

I do have a number around here somewhere that I grabbed from Savage yesterday on their site that said for historical info to call that number. Maybe I will give them a buzz today and see if they can shed some light on this mysterious little rifle.
    Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold. ~Bob Marley~

That number was likely for John Callhoun who is now retired. He sold all his records and such back to Savage late last year. We have a few vintage Savage rimfire guru's around here, so give it a little time and I'm sure one of them will chime in and hopefully have some more info for you.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Thanks MrFurious for the information. I appreciate it!
    Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold. ~Bob Marley~

Thanks for the reply MrFurious. And my apologies for such as low reply from me. Health has had me down and out as of late.

I still to this day do not know anything more about this little rifle. Someone suggested I use parts from another gun that Revelation was modeled after like a Smith or something like that. The issue is, I'm not sure what model gun this one is modeled after.

Hopefully, one of the Gurus will come along one day and see this post. I had a few guys thought they had it figured out and they had to report back to me that they didn't have it after all.

Thanks for the replies folks. I really appreciate it.

Basic Member
    Is it a singe shot bolt action or lever action. There was a Savage 89 that revelation also sold as the M103, I think!

It is a single shot bolt action so it wasn't the 89 / M103. I have been punching numbers in from https://gun-data.com/western_auto_revelation.html there for the last hour or two and as well as a few hours in the past and am not finding the gun anywhere. Is it allowed for me to post links to a pic or video of the gun? A picture is worth a thousand words, right?

And sorry for the slow reply. I had a fire that ripped through a whole entire block and burnt everything in its path and killed a little old man and his dog. A lot of us lost everything we had. As luck would have it, my loss was only a 35' 5th wheel trailer and everything in it and a 16 foot travel trailer and contents. My loss was minimal compared to others on the block and this mans life.

A pic would be great!

It's most likely a model 125 though.
    Savage- "never say never".

Yep! That would be the rifle! Savage Stevens model 125 Thanks. I really appreciate it! I have been looking like a mad man. I am contemplating a new stock or try to fix this one. It has a nice chunk missing from left rear behind bolt area as you might be able to see and another that goes under the bolt and into the bedding on the right side. It shoots just fine and I am not afraid to take a quick one at a passing rabbit or squirrel for a nice stew. My wife wants me to leave it be. It is family history she says. And I am sure a stock would cost me as much as this old beat up thing is worth, not much.

Thank you so much Mad Dog for the help and all the replies that I received. You guys rock!

Last edited by DjPorkchop; 12-08-2017 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Added Info

Basic Member
    Gun Parts Corp has the stock. https://www.gunpartscorp.com/search#...=stevens%20125

I said it before, that Mad Dog is da man!!

It's pretty easy once I have a date I just open up the correct year catalog and fine tune the description into a model.
    Savage- "never say never".

Hello fellas.

Sorry to reply back on such an old thread. I just wanted to thank you for the help. Life has tossed me a very bad curve ball and I was unable to come back and reply no matter how bad I wanted to or tried to.

I have taken this old thing out a few times and shot it with my son and we had a great time with the ol' single shot. Hard to believe one can have so much fun with an old single shot .22.

Anyhow, I am on to trying to fix them 2 areas of the stock that are badly damaged. I can grab another stock for it (for the cost of what the rifle is worth) or try to fix this one. Birch or beech? (I'm not a wood person by trade.)

I'm torn. My wife says to leave it alone and enjoy it. Anyhow, once again for the help I sincerely do appreciate it.